Pages

Jun 16, 2019

Father's Day 2019


Father's Day 2019, in my own opinion, was much better than previous years. It's probably a better sign that I'm actually blogging about it this year haha. Having 2 kids is no joke, so I've been nervous to leave the house on my own unless it's going somewhere with a cart that I can put both girls in. Luckily, as time has passed I feel I've gotten more confident in handling both girls without Larry, especially at home. Lucky for me, Larry is a big homebody so he doesn't feel like he needs to leave all the time.

Total #GirlDad

I was going to let Larry sleep in this morning, but I forgot to make the grocery list yesterday so I woke up, got the girls up, and decided they needed to go wake him up...because that's what being a dad is about - your kiddos jumping all over you to wake you up and making you feel so loved and lucky haha. So we did have to start the day in a regular Sunday type of way with grocery shopping and laundry, but I did give him his gifts as he work up too (just a silly shirt saying "I make cute kids", a magnetic wristband for screws when working with tools, and an Amazon gift card) so he could feel a little special at the same time.

Since he rarely gets uninterrupted gaming time (which is his favorite way to spend time) so I promised I'd take the girls after their nap so he could take their nap time and the few hours after nap time (until my Skype call with my mom) to just game and have fun. I spent the time working out then blowing up our new pool we got the girls and filling it with semi-warm water. So once the girls got up from their nap, I let him game in a silent home and took them to go "swimming" in the pool. I only filled the pool about 3 inches (deep enough that there was water in there, but shallow enough that I didn't have to worry about both girls being in it and drowning easily). I also put Cara's slide in it so she could slide into the water.

She finally warmed up to it


This is just to show their
Matching swim suits :)

No lie - she didn't love it at first. She kept saying it was cold (which is surprising she understood that because she seems to be backwards with her temperatures sometimes haha) so I let her adjust to it slowly while I put Gwen right in with myself (I did fill it up with really hot water with hose water so it wasn't freezing, but it was barely luke warm). Gwen loved splashing around and kept wanting to stand up next to Cara (once she finally got in) to interact with her. It was really cute. And once Cara got used to it she loved sliding down into the pool water. I sent a Marco Polo to my dad and said hi to Will on the Skype call so I got to share the love to all the dad's around me (plus I did have gifts sent out to both of them as well, so it wasn't just a "hi" to them).

So anyways, to Larry, the dad of our household. I'm so happy the girls have a dad like you in their lives! I love that I can rely on you to take care of them ALL day long and not just hand them off to me when I get home, you still take care of them with me when I'm there. I love that you make sure to feed them, even when I have crazy concoctions for lunches, I love that you take weekly pictures of them so we can watch how they grow and always have that to look back on. I love that you do flash cards with Cara so she's always learning (because you know I always have anxiety about if her being home is delaying anything with her). Speaking of that, I love that you put up with my paranoia with the girls being home all day. I love that you take such good care of the house when I'm not there and I know you put 100% into everything you do. I love that the girls will have a strong male role model in their lives so they'll know how they should be treated in life by men and women. I love that you'll help them feel confident and smart. I love that you will support them in anything they do (as long as they are the best doing it as you say). I love watching you play with the girls, I love watching you tickle the girls, I love watching you be a girl dad. I hope one day we can add a boy to the mix, but if we only have girls you are already the best dad to girls that no matter what we have, you are still just so amazing at it! I also love that you make me laugh and support whatever new YouTube trend I'm following and want to add to our household (because I feel like that happens on a daily basis). Mostly I love that you inspire me to be a better mom because of how awesome you are with them! I can't wait to see how much more evolved you become as a dad as the years come to pass. You are amazing and I love love love you!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. Hope you all had a great day and felt loved and special!

No comments: