Pages

Jun 19, 2019

Gwen is SEVEN Months

I am SEVEN months old!




I like: dancing (when we move her arms to a beat), when we rush to her face (kind of like we're going to scare her, but we stop short...she LOVES that), pulling up to stand on our hands, her lovie we put her down with, Cara (still loves watching Cara and trying to copy her in any way), eating foods with us, the fishies

I dislike: not being in the room with everyone, especially when she can hear us talking in another room, being hungry

So good at sitting up now
 
I am now: She is wearing 6 and 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. once again, I forgot to do a weight check. She's a chunk, but she is starting to thin out a bit now that she's more active.

I sit in the front of the cart now!

A Typical Day looks like:

7:30) Start waking up for the day (she might wake up earlier, but that's the earliest we get them out of their rooms).
7:30 to 8) Breakfast time. I change diapers and feed her half a big container of baby food (usually a fruit flavor one). Then I get her dressed and make a 4-5 oz bottle (usually only 2 oz of formula and the rest is breastmilk for now).
8 to 9:30) Gwen hangs out while I do finishing touches on the morning things (my lunch, the bottle makings for Larry, brushing Cara's teeth and getting her show ready, and getting my work stuff put together). I leave for work at 8:15 and Larry stretches her to last as close to 9:30 for her nap.
9:30 to 11) Nap time. She usually wakes up between 10:30 and 11. He'll let her wander around and do some wiggle/giggle time or bumbo seat time.
11:30 to 12:30 ish) Diaper change, eat a 7 ounce bottle (usually 2 oz is formula, the rest is breast milk), get burped and more wiggle and giggle time.Stretching feedings to every 3.5 hours has been really helpful and she'll usually get some fruit in the mesh feeder if she's being cranky
12:30 to 2) Nap time. If she gets up early then she hangs out until her next feeding.
2 to 3:30) Diaper change, eat 7 oz bottle again, get burped, wiggle and giggle time and then she'll end up going down for another nap.
3:30-4:45) She naps while Larry and Cara go downstairs so he can work out and she hangs out in the play area. After his workout and he showers she is usually up and ready to hang out again. (We're lucky if she'll make it to 4:45 though)
5-5:45) Diaper change and hang out with Larry and Cara until I get home
5:45-6) Dinner time! I usually feed her one container of baby food and maybe some bites of our food. I'm still convinced this is her favorite time of day (aside from waking up in the morning...she's a BIG morning baby).
6-7:30) Family time! We go outside if it's nice weather, if it's not we stay inside and just hang out (usually teaching Cara some flash cards and letting Gwen wiggle and giggle or play in the walker/activity table). Around 7 we start our nightly show. 7:20 she gets her last bottle of the night (usually 5 oz of formula).
7:40) Get ready for bed. She gets a diaper change, lotion, book, and put in pajamas. We do a bath on Sundays and Thursdays, but we start that at 7:30 since we do both girls. she's usually very ready for bed at this point. She's also starting to take baths sitting up on her own (we took her out of the baby bath this month) so we're starting to do bath time together with both girls so this might be moved back to 7:40 soon.

This Month I: realized how much fun it is to pull up and stand. In fact, I rarely like to be just sitting unless I've been standing for a while and need to relax my legs. But once I start standing I stay straight because I hate to just sit. I also can roll and scoot all around so I'm a mover. I really want to be crawling and even walking, but I'm having a tough time with figuring out how to get the crawl down (walking is still a few months off).

I even got my first two teeth this last month, both on the bottom. So now I get to chew things and bite on EVERYTHING.

Celebrating Father's Day with dad and sister here
It just looks like slobber, but this is her first tooth!
 

Parent's Notes: This last month was a productive one as far as becoming more mobile. She gets on all fours to start crawling, but then she just thrusts back and forth. She'll also get in the bear crawl position and we think she's going to crawl that way. Or she'll move a leg in a way that looks like she's going to sit herself up...but she hasn't done it yet. Luckily Gwen has been the best teething baby ever! She hasn't really been fussy at all and except for the extreme drool we wouldn't have even noticed she had any. Larry just mentioned to me he thought he saw a knot in her gums and I went to feel and felt the tooth pretty much poking through. Then a couple days later the second one was pushing through! Craziest teething experience ever so far! She definitely turned into a piranha though, she loves to bite EVERYTHING!

We're so excited to have Nana visit (she comes in tomorrow), which will be the first time since Gwen was a month old so there's lots to catch up on. It should be a really fun visit! Other than that we're just watching Gwen grow and watch her and Cara play together more and more (they are really interacting a lot more than usual and it's so sweet. I simply cannot wait to see when Gwen can walk and be even more interactive and involved

Who's that baby?


Update on last month's goals:
  • We've let her try little things. Especially now that she has her two bottom teeth.
  • Take her out for a family date night that's at a normal time (I think she's ready to be out a little later...maybe)
  • Read to her more
  • Do more sensory friendly activities when we aren't outside (she seems to like those).

Goals for next month:
  • Add more foods (maybe even puffs soon?) as she gets more curious about them.
  • Take her out for fireworks (with headphones) for the 4th of July (and celebrate the 4th like I've wanted to for a few years now)
  • Work on crawling better (she KIND OF scoots right now) and pulling up (she's just starting that now)
  • Go on her 7 month vacation - San Diego!!
  • Work on words (dada and mama)

No comments: