Pages

Jul 28, 2020

Reality with a Newborn (3rd time around)

Life with a newborn is always so rough for me. I know everyone processes it differently, but for me the first two weeks are easy, but after that I hit a wall and it gets so tough until they are about 3 months. This time around has been made even more rough with the fact that she actually nurses. Cara didn't at all and Gwen we only did for 2 weeks so the fact that I'm already over a month in has been new for me. Some days I absolutely hate it and most days I love it more than anything. 

My reality this time is that most of the time I'm sitting on the couch, listening to a podcast, letting Lucy nurse and nap on me. I have to keep water and some snacks nearby because I'm trapped for at least an hour each time. If the older girls are napping I'll have the tv remote nearby so I can watch a movie or show. I'm thankful that Lucy naps, but most of the time I wish I could put her down for a nap and go do something else. Even between naps we have a harder time putting her down (she spits up SO much and she doesn't love being on her own), so usually between naps I'll rush take a shower or go to the bathroom or refill my water. 

This is me almost all day long...every day!
But that face is just too sweet!

About 3 days ago we had our first outing as a family to Costco. I figured it would be easy and gave us an excuse  to try and get her to nap in her carseat, not on me, but no such luck. She got so fussy I had to cover up, hook her up, and just walk the rest of the way with her attached to me. Luckily it wasn't SO bad, but man would I love to have a nap time to myself. I know she'll only be this tiny for so long and watching her sleepy face is the cutest thing in the whole world and I'm sure I'll miss this when I go back to work (at least a little bit), but it's hard to go this long without working out, doing something about my ab split, or eat a meal with both hands....man that sounds like bliss!



Anyways, I know we're only about 6 weeks in, but hopefully within the next 6 weeks (when I go back to work) we can figure something else out for this girlie...I'm not going to be able to nurse/nap while I'm working from home haha.

No comments: