Pages

Aug 13, 2020

Physical Therapy

Welp, the time has come to professionally address my ab split from all my pregnancies! I knew it would be coming eventually (and felt like it would be pretty soon), but it's officially now. I went to my 6 week checkup after having Lucy and the midwife felt my belly and said that if we plan to have any more kids I really need to go to a physical therapist because my core is basically garbage (I'm paraphrasing). They gave me a referral to a clinic down in Lindon and I called to make an appointment for today.

I had to document that I wasn't attached
To a baby haha

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited to see what they'd say and how well they were going to help. I didn't love figuring out time to go and how it was going to work when I went back to work, but I figured we'll just have to make it work. I was a little nervous leaving because Lucy is still in her nursing-nap phase and I knew I'd be gone too long for her to stay awake (but that was dad's problem, right? Haha).

Now that I've gone to my first appointment I have to say it's unfortunate because I'm not going to be able to make it work for me. The lady I went to was pregnant and was going to be going on maternity leave in October and they wanted me to go in about 6 times before the end of February and with my work schedule I don't think I'm going to be able to fit it in in a helpful way. 

While I don't think I'll be able to stick with it, she did give me some great tips I could try to do at home in the meantime. I was really thrown by how it worked. She was asking me questions and I was talking to her and I thought she was just feeling my abs and where they were and we were talking about being pregnant and what not. After a while I was wondering when the actual physical therapy was going to start and then realized that's what she was doing haha. It's weird, but I think it'll be effective and it gives me quite a bit to at least start with and hopefully get my abs in a good enough position to go through one last pregnancy.

The good news is I was able to get away for a bit, learn some tips and tricks, and it gives me a good starting point. 

No comments: