Pages

Feb 17, 2021

Lucy's Staycation Vacation

So we really tried to make sure we kept up with our tradition of going on a vacation when the newest baby is 7 months old. Typically we go to somewhere with a beach. Traveling has been so difficult these days, obviously, so originally we had compromised on a Vegas Vacation (wasn't my choice, but when Larry mentioned it and found some really fun looking and good family friendly things to do I caved really quickly). When it came time to actually book the vacation we talked about our options and decided to switch it to a staycation and it ended up being pretty fun.

We had a fun time going to playgrounds (including bringing a training potty since there aren't any really close to the actual playground). I did some fun shopping for some holiday decor and craft items at Hobby Lobby (a favorite store). We also took the girls to the aquarium one of the days, always a favorite indoor activity.



I let Larry spend a day at Wendover to get away and I did some craft with the girls and set up an obstacle course. I thought that would take a bigger portion of the day, but I ended up scrambling for more things to do throughout the day...only a tiny bit stressful haha. Luckily that was on the Friday so I had a good excuse to put a movie on for our Family Movie Night and that took up some time.




I didn't realize I had planned this over Valentine's Day Weekend, so I made sure we celebrated it. I let the girls splash around our tub in their swimsuits as our "beach replacement". I got them some gifts for the day, of course, and we made our new recipe (homemade whole wheat bread). 


We also had some good snow storms so we were able to go out and build a snowman, make snowballs, and go sledding. This was my favorite day as I had always hoped to do that with my kids one day and it was just as fun as I had imagined it. Plus side, the girls had fun with it too!



What's a snow day without warm chocolate? Haha


Overall, while I miss family vacations I'm so glad we're able to have really amazing family staycations that almost make up for them. I definitely look forward to traveling again, one day.

No comments: