Pages

Dec 1, 2021

5 months (Weeks 18 - 22)

 


Compare/Contrast: Well lucky me got the 'Vid this pregnancy. With all the colds I've gotten and then that it's been a rough 1st half of pregnancy. Luckily, the symptoms went away within a week so I got a quick version of it (although I can tell my nose isn't as strong as it used to be). Also, working from home means less talking time (I used to do the talking/bonding on my drive to and from work), but I do my best to talk after dropping Cara off at school and on my way to pick her up and then anytime I shower.

I took a sick day...the girls decided to join me

The movements are interesting. Just like with Lucy it felt like it took a while to feel them, but around 19 weeks I started to. This baby seems to really like my daily Orange Julius drink...I tend to get wiggles after I drink that. I started to realize in the morning and after dinner is a guaranteed movement time, I love having a time I know it's coming.



I'm definitely soaking in the fact that this is the last time I'm doing this. Everything is the last: The last time I'll be wearing maternity clothes, the last time I'll be using my doppler, the last time I can gorge on my favorite treats whenever I feel like haha. Speaking of the doppler, I'm still doing my weekly checks and the heartrate really is lower than the other babies. Sometimes I get up to 150, but it's mostly 130s and 140s. I made sure to check often when I had all the sicknesses. 

Speaking of sickness, I still have to take my anti-nausea medicine. Not all the time, somewhere between each day to every few days, but it's crazy that I still get sick...this is definitely the longest that has lasted.

A non-maternity shirt actually fit me!!

Best Moments This Month: Movements, movements, and more movements and finding out what makes this one move more haha. 




The anatomy scan is always a fun one (as long as you get good news haha). Luckily the lady was able to make sure I didn't even get a peak of the gender (she turned the tv off when she was in the lower body area taking measurements) I got to see lots of cute movements and the legs and profile and hands (the profile is my favorite). It was just a great visit - I even got fries and a milkshake from JCWs afterwards.

I love our annual Santa pic tradition...watching our family grow

I also went Christmas shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving (not when I'd usually go out, but it was the only time I had) and found a couple cute outfits that are pretty neutral that we can use for the coming home outfit. I'm not sure which I love more so I'll just wash and bring both and see which we feel like at that moment. Luckily, whichever we don't use we can still use as a regular newborn outfit. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Just finding more ways to soak in the pregnancy and for the new year so I can get more nesting done (that bug has bitten HARD, but with the holidays it's hard to do much more than shopping and wrapping haha). We also have a vacation coming up that I'm really excited to go on, it's basically the closest we're going to get to a final babymoon and it should be a really fun one!


No comments: