Pages

Dec 31, 2021

2021 Recap

 January

January was a pretty uneventful month. We celebrated a new year with some fun couples (one of my favorite new year's we've had). We moved Lucy to her own room and got our room back (always the nicest feeling...even though I do end up missing them a little bit haha)

February

February was actually more eventful than usual. We took a family staycation, which was actually one of the more fun ones we've taken. We also started figuring out what to do during the witching hour while it's too dark and cold outside.

March

We celebrated (is that the right word??) being home for a whole year. I only say celebrate because it's been really nice working from home this whole time. I also went and visited my best friend a few times, including once in March.

April

We had a GREAT Easter this year, one I was proud of how much I accomplished for it. Based on Lucy's 10-month update, it was finally starting to get warm enough to be outside more, which is always nice!

May

May might have been our busiest month of the year! We celebrated Cara's 4th birthday (STILL can't believe she's THAT big already). We went to the dinosaur drive through event, which the girls really liked (even though it ended way messy for us haha). I had a really nice Mother's Day, they are getting better and better each year. We also had a family day at the Zoo, which is always fun for me!

June

We had a fun, eventful, unexpected Memorial Day Weekend (yes, this is technically in May, but I posted about it in June). We had such a fun 1st birthday party for Lucy, one that I was pretty proud of! We celebrated Larry for Father's Day

July

In July we had a decent 4th of July (not the best, but not the worst...this holiday is still finicky for me). We celebrated Larry's birthday with a fun day away for him haha. We were planning for our 4th baby AND found out later I am pregnant (such fun news!).

August

Unfortunately, the sickness from the pregnancy hit HARD in August, so all I posted about was my first pregnancy update.

September

September got a little more exciting, this month I was constantly getting sick (because of the new schooling and pregnancy), but we found ways to have fun still. Cara started school and loves it still! And we had a fun Labor Day Weekend (I really loved the 3 day weekends we had this year!).  

October

October was one of my favorite months since it was my New York trip with Stace. Unfortunately, I was feeling a little better, but everyone else was so sick! We also had a very fun Halloween!

November

We celebrated Gwen's 3rd birthday (3??! what??). We took her out for our 1:1 dates with her, which were tons of fun! We also had a low-key Thanksgiving this month.

December 

We tried to do a fun Vegas Vacation this month (but it didn't go NEARLY as planned as I had hoped). We all were feeling well enough to get our Santa picture, which was fun! I got some unfortunate news about one of my sisters right before Christmas, but we were still able to celebrated Christmas Day, which also didn't go as well as I had hoped, but the kids had fun so that's all that matters. 


So the year didn't end as great as it started, but knowing we're adding a new little one next year is an exciting moment. Now that I'm finally starting to figure out how I want to do holidays and free moments with our kids I'm glad this is our last one so that next year can be the start of a GREAT many years as a complete family.

No comments: