Pages

Jan 1, 2021

Ringing in a New (Hopefully Better) Year!

This New Year's Eve/Day was one of the best ones we've had! I always love doing game nights and just letting people around us know in case they want to come. Normally it's just Andy and Rachel, but this year Tori, Edward, and Lilly came over as well. We made sure to get a lot of pizza, some sparkling cider, and root beers and lots of games. I also cleaned out all bedrooms and told Larry we may be couchin' in so that the couples could stay over if they felt like it. Andy and Rachel decided they'd go home after the ball drop, but Tori and Edward stayed over. 

Happy New Years Baby!

We had so much fun playing all the games (my favorite is always Scattergories). We had the ball drop playing in the background, which is always fun for me. I like peeking at the performances every once in a while, and then watching the countdown as we get closer to midnight. This year it felt like Midnight hit so quickly, we were having so much fun, time literally flew away from us haha.


After the ball drop and new year's kisses, we finished our game we were playing, and then said goodbye to Andy and Rachel. Since the rest of us had little kids, we decided it would be good to head to bed for the rest of us too. 


Today I've had fun just recovering from the late night (which really hasn't been too bad), but I also got to do my first puzzle of the year. I'm hoping to find more time for puzzles, so it was nice to start AND finish my first one already this year!

So, while the day has been low key, the night was a great party for us. I love game nights and I love finding couples that also love game nights. While last year wasn't TERRIBLE, I'm still hoping this next year will be better for us!

No comments: