Pages

Sep 6, 2021

Labor Day Weekend 2021

So this might be the first time I've really done activities for the full Labor Day Weekend. I mean we didn't do the typical camping trip or anything, but we had a lot of fun! Especially since all the plans were thought of/made last minute AND I'm still feeling pretty sick so it was really a gamble.

So back on Friday, Larry mentioned taking the kids on a hike for the weekend. I, laying sick on the couch, told him to have fun to taking the girls on his own because NO way was I up for hiking so he mentioned going to Bridal Veil Falls since it's not a real hike and the girls had so much fun we he took them by himself last time and I hadn't ever been, but always wanted to go. So I told him that sounded good and I could probably handle that. So Saturday we waited till after nap time, got the girls in their swim suits, and drove over to the falls. It was so pretty and I was so happy to go. Granted, I was dressed like crap because I just didn't care (I'm too sick to care to look good) so I feel like people must've stared at me, but I don't care. The girls had TONS of fun and it felt good to be there. The only problem is I can't drink water right now so I brought a little juice with me, but ended up being SO thirsty I was sipping the water we brought with us and it wasn't the best feeling towards the end. It was still a fun day and I'm glad we got to go out.


While we were sitting around on Sunday I thought it would be a fun weekend to go to the zoo. The girls were talking a lot about seeing animals so I figured they'd love going. I checked reservations to see if any slots were open for today and I saw it was all wide open so we made plans to go after nap time. The girls loved seeing all the animals. We rode the train and the carousel this time (well I stayed off the carousel, of course), but the girls seemed to love both rides. I got really thirsty and sick while we were there so I had to get a slushie drink to help and that felt so nice. We didn't get to see a section of the zoo because they got distracted with the playground area, but as long as they had fun that's all that matters. We got home and had dinner and I was able to relax the rest of the night. 


Only way I was getting through so much walking (juice)


Now that the weekend is over I'm going to go relax, go to bed early and recoup from a busy weekend. It was hard being sick, but the sacrifices were worth it!

No comments: