Pages

Jun 20, 2021

Father's Day 2021

Happy Father's Day to all the good dad's out there! The whole "Dad" role has been a tricky one for Larry and me. I didn't even meet my biological dad until I was 21. I had father figures in my life, but it's not always the same. Larry has had a very complicated relationship with his father, one that has lead to them having no contact with each other these days. Because of all this we both have made it a goal to make sure our girls know what having a dad means. We have pretty high expectations and Larry meets them every time. He's a GREAT father and I get choked up seeing him be to them what I had always wanted growing up.


This year, as per our tradition, we let Larry choose what he wanted to do. I had gotten him a couple gifts (one was supposed to be for his birthday, but I just couldn't wait so he got them both this weekend). One was a game console that had all the other consoles and a bunch of games for each of the consoles. It was the gift I thought might not be as exciting, but we found a ton of games from our childhood that were on it and we both had fun looking through it. 

I also got Larry a 3D printer with some black and white ink (my mom got him a few other colors so he could have more fun with it). He seemed to be pretty excited about that.

We started the weekend with cashing some checks and getting Larry some fun spending money. We also did a hike up to Battle Creek Falls. It was a pretty hike, where we even got to witness some guys repelling down the mountain by the waterfall, but I didn't make Cara take a nap before hand so she got SASSY! She was DONE before we even got to the waterfall. 




Larry wanted to do go to Tucano's for dinner, but they had such a long wait, we did Costa Vida instead (way less wait and we'll just hit up Tucano's for his birthday). We also flew some kites and played some basketball and made some raspberry lemon muffins with a glaze. 


Overall, it was a super busy weekend with lots of fun and exhaustion and I hope Larry knows how much we love him and appreciate him as a daddy (he does SO much for the girls all day long, every day).

No comments: