Pages

May 22, 2021

Zoo Visits

You know what's great about the zoo? When you can finally take kids along that know what the animals are and can get excited about it!


Cute little pony tails the girls let me do :)

We haven't been to the zoo since Gwen was 6 months old and that's just so sad to me! I love going to the zoo, I don't care how much it costs, its' so much fun! I had been looking into getting a membership before quarantine began last year (so glad I didn't do that!), I was sad we couldn't go (I mean you could go, but not without reservations, masks, and the whole 6 foot distancing thing...hard to do with kids who like to run around). Granted, I can't say for sure we would've gone with a new baby, but I would've liked the option at least haha. 




Going this time, was well worth the wait. I had plans to ride the train and carousel (in fact, I had promised Cara we'd come back at the end of our visit to ride the carousel because she was going crazy wanting to go on it), but we ended up getting so tired and hungry and it was getting close to dinner time so we decided to skip that. I was also sad the bird part was closed and almost none of the cats were out (except the lions), so that was a bit of a bummer. However, the weather was great and we did see so many animals and had so much fun asking the girls what each animal said and if they could see it in each "home" and the sloth was VERY interactive and that was a new thing so it was entertaining.



Unfortunately, after we left we decided to hit up Red Robin for dinner, but we didn't make reservations and the wait was AWFUL so we just decided to order pizza to be delivered for when we'd get home and just did that instead. We ended up having a bit later of a night than normal, but it's the weekend and practically summer so might as well live a little. 

I'm so happy and excited for a fun summer to come, I hope we can do as much as I plan to do! I can't wait for the pool and splash pads to open, that'll be the most fun part.

No comments: