Pages

Oct 7, 2021

New York City - Here We Come!

Today is day one of our big New York Trip I planned with Stace. I was a little nervous about how the trip was going to go with me being pregnant and even though it was a crazy day and a rough start to our vacation I think it means things will only go smoothly from here on out haha.

Just wanted to get a bump shot before I left

Our flight here was smooth - although it was the first time I heard them call for a doctor on board (the closest they could find was a radiologist that sat behind us, but it was for a flight attendant that passed out so I guess it worked). I got to watch the new Bad Boys movie - I always love watching a new movie on flights, thank you Delta! I also read a ton of my Doctor Sleep book (which I'm loving so far). We made sure before our flight to get some food since we'd be flying over lunch time and landing right around dinner time so we stopped at Panera and I got an egg, bacon, & cheese sandwich, muffin, and a smoothie. The smoothie was gross (it tasted mostly like greek yogurt which I'm not a huge fan of), but the sandwich and muffin were REALLY good and definitely held me over.

We had to take a tram, (2 level) train, and subway to get into the city once we landed so that was interesting, but not as terrible as I dreaded it would be. Unfortunately, once we got to the city we did a TON of walking! For some reason my directions were WAY off this time and I ended up walking us in the wrong direction and so we had to turn around and walk an extra like 8 blocks out of the way. 

We FINALLY got to the hotel around 7:30 to discover it wasn't there. There was a building with the name of the hotel, but all the windows had paper on them and you could kind of see into the dark lobby and see that no one was at the front desk. I tried calling to see if someone would answer and nothing happened. Stace finally called Marriott to see what's going on and then I happened to look at the reviews of the hotel - turns out they took reservations, but they weren't open yet. This had to be the most frustrating part. WE were so sweaty, sore, tired, and very hungry so we were CRANKY!). After a long time on hold with Marriott I decided to just book a hotel nearby that was available (there weren't very many options and not a lot in a budget friendly range. I was lucky to find one that was only two blocks away). The only unfortunate thing is that it doesn't offer breakfast like we prefer, but take what you can get. 

We decided to walk to a McDonald's for dinner (even though we said we wanted to make sure we didn't eat anything we could get back home). On the way we found a taqueria that we decided to try for a new place. It was only okay, nothing special, but it fed us haha. Now that the first day is done and it had it's rough moments, it was nice that we were able to make things work and figure out a new plan. Now we've eaten, we've rested, we've taken showers and we're going to relax while I figure out timing for tomorrow. It should be a fun trip!

No comments: