Pages

Jan 1, 2022

New Years 2022

I just can't put into words how much I really, genuinely love New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Larry convinced me last year that holding off on resolutions for the new year is silly (as he puts it, what if he said he wanted to be a better husband...why would you wait until the new year? Why not do that now?...it's a good point, I can't argue that), but I do still love setting goals I want to accomplish for the year.

I was a little nervous about this one this year. When I found out the news about Jordyn, I just felt so sad and like a dark cloud was over me. A cloud I just couldn't figure out how to get rid of. I also just wanted to sleep all day long. Even if I slept great at night, I still just wanted to sleep. I wasn't sure why I was being affected SO badly with that news, but I couldn't shake it. Luckily, they had her memorial on the 30th up in Rexburg, so I was able to go up that day, stay the night at Stace's, and then head home early Friday morning. The memorial gave me a lot of closure and really helped me feel better...the cloud had been lifted! I was so happy to have that done before the new year too.

My first 3D puzzle I did with Stace...it was hard!

The drive home was long, exhausting, and full of snow. But once I got home it was SO nice. I got to give my girls lots of hugs and kisses and just hang out with my favorite people (the second I started my drive to Idaho I just started missing them like crazy for some reason). 


New Year's Eve we went to pick up our pizza (our traditional dinner) and decided to finally break open our ice cream party box we got at Costco months prior (it has waffle cones, paper cups, plastic spoons, and a bunch of different toppings, you just have to get the ice cream). We thought it would be fun to make fun ice cream combos with the girls. They, of course, had to have EVERY topping on theirs, but I think I overdid it because Cara couldn't even finish hers. If I have vanilla ice cream, I just love sprinkles and chocolate syrup...that combo by itself is amazing to me. I did add m&ms this time as an added treat, but it was a good addition. 




Then we just watched shows and relaxed for the night. I was nervous because I was REALLY tired (I had stayed up late the night before doing a puzzle with Stace and then ended up waking up really early and then with the long drive with nothing to see made me even more tired, so I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay up till midnight) and I also had started to get a headache on our way to get pizza and by the time the girls were being put down for bed I was in a TON of pain (headaches really take it out of me). Once we got them down, I decided just to make sure I drank water and just take it easy. I told Larry I probably wouldn't make it to midnight, but I'll stay up as long as I can handle the tiredness and headache. Luckily, my headache ended up going away pretty quickly. And with the ice cream and root beers and fun games I was able to make it to midnight just fine.


We played Life (Larry won), Monopoly (Larry won, of course), Scattegories (Larry won, which was surprising), and Headbands (a tie game). We also had these table topic cards that inspire fun, usually long, conversations. I love just chatting with Larry and having those nights where we talk about so much. It means so much to me that after all this time we can still just talk about things, even if we know what the other is going to say, it's nice to just talk. 

We watched the ball drop, did our new year's kiss, and then I went to bed. It was time. Luckily, staying up so late and getting up with the girls at 7:30 still doesn't make me drag, but I did end up taking a nap today to help get me through our Saturday date night tonight. Normally we have more people with us on New Year's Eve, but one couple was in Hawaii (jealous!) and the other was nervous about driving in the crazy weather (can't blame them...it snowed like crazy) so it was just us, but it worked with how ready for bed I was haha. 

Our overnight snow!


No comments: