Pages

Jan 2, 2022

2022 Goals

So I don't have my usual long list of goals for the year. It's probably mostly due to Larry pointing out you shouldn't wait to start goals and improvements on yourself. With that being said, this year here are my biggest ones:

  • Less screen time. We resort to turning on the TV so much, especially during winter/darker days and I just feel too guilty. We have so many games, arts and crafts, puzzles, etc. that we could do instead. During the summer we tend to go outside a lot more, but I need to be better about sticking with activities at night. (So far, we've done EXCELLENT on this this year). This also inspires me to be more in the moment with the girls and soak up all these days that we have with them.
  • Definitely do my masks! This is my absolute favorite form of self-care and it's SO easy to get done. Most only need to be on for 10 minutes (washing them off seems to take the most time...or at least feel the most tedious). I got SO many for Christmas, so I have no excuses not to do this!
  • Get used to having a new baby and being a family of 6 (!!!). Since this is my last baby, I feel pretty confident I'm just going to take everything in stride and be more laid back about things, BUT I did think that last time and Lucy REALLY tested my limits, so we'll see what happens with this one. 
  • Clean and organize the house as much as possible (while spending the least amount of money). I have such good plans for up until the baby is due - I have an area that has been driving me nuts lately and that needs to be cleaned/organized assigned for each week. I figure having a whole week to work on it after dinner time will be very easy to accomplish. So hopefully I can get those done and then after I'm feeling more used to having a new baby, I can pick back up with it for the other areas that need help.
  • Be more conscious of my spending. A few years ago, I had made plans that I didn't want to diet, just be more aware of my eating habits, add more fruits and veggies instead of treats, eat real food before going to desserts or candies. It helped me a ton, even to this day, so now I want to do the same thing with my spending. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to accomplish this, but I have some savings goals for the next few years that should help me.
  • Learn more coding/computer language. I signed up for a free site that can teach me SQL and I started that before getting pregnant. I'm hoping to do more of that this year!
So, apparently, I do have a long list...it didn't feel like I did. And then once I started writing them down, I'd think of another haha. This year should, hopefully, be a great one! I'll do my best to make it as good as I can - luckily, the new baby will be 6 months as the holidays start and that's when they tend to be easier for me to handle (maybe my hormones just level out at that point?) so that gives me all the hopes and motivation to start making the holidays this year exactly how I've wanted them to be! Fingers crossed plans work out the way they should.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: