Pages

Jan 5, 2022

6 Months (weeks 23 - 27)

 



Compare/Contrast: Sickness, sickness, and more sickness. That's the biggest thing this time around. Shortly after the last month I got the flu (right before our Vegas Vacation too). Then, we went to Vegas and I got an ear infection. Then I got pink eye. We decided to cut that vacation short and I felt like once my pink eye cleared up, I got the flu again...it has been a super rough pregnancy with sicknesses. After the flu cleared up, I thought I got another cold. I decided to go to an ENT to get my ear and sinuses cleared up (because all my colds seemed to be all in my sinuses and that seemed to be the common denominator). They, luckily, gave me some great help. Turns out I had allergies, not colds. Apparently, you can develop new ones during pregnancy, so that's fun! 



The worst of my pink eye

Even more luckily, my doctor appointment after the ENT appointment they told me I could take decongestants or allergy medicine. My pregnancy isn't high risk and there aren't any concerns on me taking them at this point so I can get some relief. I only take them when it's REALLY bad, but it's nice to know I can. I also got an air purifier to help with sleeping at night. The cough that doesn't go away and the hard time breathing at times is really hard, but other than that it's an okay pregnancy.

I drove up to Idaho by myself on the 30th and I was nervous something bad would happen (I knew I was being crazy, but just felt a little shaken up) so I gave Larry the gender card before I left. I knew he wouldn't find it in a decent time frame if something bad did happen, so I wanted him to have it just in case. He, of course, opened it the second I left so he knows the gender, but is sworn to secrecy. He can't tell a soul, not even me even if I'm begging. 

My drive was clearly eventful haha

Best Moments This Month: Definitely the best was finding out I could take decongestant for my congestion I've had. Christmas was a good one, for the kids, so that's nice to know. 

Larry and I had to crash during vacation...this was our setup

I did get a couple coming home outfits that work for either gender so I'm pretty excited about those (both are so cute...it's so hard to decide which one I love the most). 

Celebrating a new year and being in the year this baby is joining our family! I got my new planner for my birthday and some new multi-ink pens and that's just about my favorite thing about the end of one year and the start of another one. 

Our Ice Cream Party with the girls for NYE



What I'm Looking Forward To: Honestly, not being pregnant is what I'm most looking forward to. I don't want to rush this, but I'm sick of being sick and I've been told once the baby is born all my crap will go away. I also am looking forward to giving birth and finding out the gender...it's so exciting. Other than the ending, there really isn't much to look forward to...just all the movements because this is the last time I get to feel them. 

No comments: