Pages

Jan 15, 2022

My Birthday Celebration

Today I finally got to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately, having a birthday so close to Christmas means things get a little filled up with holiday celebrations so close to your day and you either have to let that be what you want or put it off. Because of Christmas, Jordyn's memorial, and New Year's (and half of those being on a weekend) it was hard to find time. 

It's also hard to figure out what you want to do when you are pregnant (massages are out since the belly is in the way. A new outfit can be difficult since you don't know what'll fit when you can finally wear it or what will look cute without a belly in the way. I can't go sledding, skiing, or anything that could make me fall, etc.). But this weekend a movie, I was really looking forward to, came out so I picked today as my day to celebrate.

I have to say it ended up being a really good day. I had a Kohl's gift card and a Visa gift card to spend so I decided to go to Kohl's and then to Sally's in the morning. I ended up talking myself out of everything at Kohl's except clothes for the kids (figures haha). Technically, it was the only thing we needed (for Cara and then I figured I might as well get an outfit for the other girls too haha). I thought I was paying attention to how much things were, but I guess not because I ended up spending both full gift cards there haha. Either way, it was worth it because Cara needed more pants and summer clothes, so it worked out. 

After that we went to Sally's. Larry took the girls to the Petsmart next door so that it wasn't too crazy in a beauty store with 3 kids. I ended up finding some good products I wanted to get and had a fun chat with the sales lady about childbirth haha. 

I wanted to get Zupas on our way home for lunch, but the one in AF didn't look open when we drove past it and the app wouldn't let me do a pickup order, so I decided to switch to Kneaders. It's just as good and at least I got to get one of their amazing brownies!

We rushed home so I could hurry and eat before I had to leave for the movie. I wanted to see Scream and was so excited to go see it during the nap time. I wasn't able to get concessions as I got to the theater 1 minute before it was supposed to start, but since I filled up on lunch, I didn't feel I needed anything. The movie ended up being SO awful!! I almost walked out on it and I was a little disappointed it was so bad. 

I got home before the end of nap time, so I was telling Larry how bad the movie was. Then the girls got up and I could tell they were still a little sluggish, so I decided to let them watch a show before we headed out again. We got to the mall/restaurant a little before 4. I went to check how long the wait was that early (I know Cheesecake Factory can get busy quickly on a Saturday) and they told me it was about a 2.5 hour wait. I definitely put our name down on the list and they took my number and told me they'd text me when a table was ready. I figured that was perfect so we had time to walk the mall (which I really wanted to do). We walked through The Container Store, which is my favorite to dream about how to get more organized. The girls definitely got restless there haha.

The only pic I got of the day...clearly the
Girls were thrilled with my choices

After that we decided to go to the Lego Store. There was a bit of a line, so we had to wait, and I started to wonder if the restaurant really had my number because I didn't get a text saying I was added to the list, so we decided to do a pickup order as it would've been so much quicker. We were able to walk the Lego Store, get the girls some fun little ones to build (I figured it would be fun to see how they do with just smaller ones). We got a text saying our order was ready and we went to pick it up. Dinner was good, but the cheesecake slices were even better! I was very happy to get it at home. 

After dinner, it was close enough to bedtime that we put the girls down and got ready for our movie night. Once again, we didn't feel up to making popcorn since we were so full, but we got our drinks and candy out to snack on and decided to watch Shimmer Lake on Netflix. I was desperate for a good movie after my horrible Scream experience. This movie did NOT disappoint. It was actually quite entertaining, and it kept us up talking for a bit about the movie and all the other things we thought of (I highly recommend this movie!). 

Even though the day didn't work out as I had hoped, it was still a really good day, and I got some really good new, fun things and even a bad movie in the theater is still a bit of fun for me! So, I'd say it was about an 8/10 day for me and I'll take that haha.

No comments: