Pages

Jul 21, 2021

Here We Go Again

 Well...no surprise really, but:



We're pregnant!! (finally)

I'm SO excited this time around! I was REALLY hoping to be pregnant back in April for a January baby (then we'd have May, June, July birthdays and November, December, January birthdays), but a lot of stress hit back in April and caused me to not ovulate. I was pretty upset when that happened, especially since it felt like I had caused the stress on myself and should've just kept calm. But once it passed I realized I couldn't dwell and just had to focus on the next month.

May came along and I did ovulate, but it was such a weird month. It felt like it took way too long to get a peak ovulation result and I didn't feel comfortable with how my cycle ran that month. I had some mid-cycle bleeding right before I ovulated and I didn't feel like that was such a great sign, but still wanted to hold out hope. June came and we celebrated Lucy's birthday and I remember thinking "I might be pregnant, I still have to wait to test and then I'd still have achieved my goal of being pregnant by the first birthday", but a week later my real period came and I was a little upset (it didn't help that EVERYONE had asked me if I was pregnant that day because they are so used to that happening with us). But I figured with the mid-cycle bleeding and getting back on track after SUCH a stressful April I probably had to give it another cycle. 

When the next cycle came I just hoped so much that I wouldn't have that mid-cycle bleeding and when I made it to my ovulation date without any bleeding I was so so excited!! That was such a win for me. We went through our ovulation time and then played the waiting game. I made sure to pack my month with fun activities and things to do as much as possible to keep me from over thinking anything. I had bought a few pregnancy tests quite a few months ago, but had given 3 of them away to my sister (who has also been trying and I knew I only needed 1, maybe 2 so she could have the rest). I only had one left because I had tested back in April/May with a sad negative (my stress had pushed my period back a week) and I didn't want to waste it. I figured I should really wait till my period was late to test, but then realized the tests were getting old and even though I know they can last for a couple years, I don't know that I trust them to be good that long. So I figured I'd test this morning and just see. If it was negative well I can just buy more. However...

When I saw that positive I was so beyond happy. I feel very calm about this pregnancy, no stress or worries. I don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops, just let people know as I see them and just keep hoping it's a strong and healthy baby. I won't be finding out gender this time (I'll let Larry know when we get to that point) so I guess this one I can just soak up the moments until delivery.

I told Larry the usual way, having the test on our counter in the bathroom to show him, he missed it because he was so tired, so I held it up for him to see. He had his usual happy grin and we just mini celebrated. This time I was more excited about telling the girls though. So when I woke Gwen and Cara up I told them that I had taken a special test that said a baby was growing in my belly. Cara got a huge grin and said "and we'll go to the doctors and they'll take the baby out?" I told her yes, but not for quite a few months. I asked them if they wanted a brother or sister. Cara said a sister and Gwen first said she didn't know and then said she wanted a brother. They were so funny and both so excited. I'm sure they are going to love this baby so much and I'm so excited to see them with a new little in the house. I'm just going to soak in these next 9 months and enjoy sleeping when I can and watching movies and having my nights to me. 

One funny thing is I decided to start watching this show, Mistresses, and it was the same show I watched right before I found out I was pregnant with Cara. I was hopeful that would be a good sign for me, even though I know it really can't be considering I chose to watch it again. But I like to think it was just another thing to put me in a good mind set for everything. Let's just continue to hope this is another strong and healthy pregnancy.

No comments: