Pages

Apr 9, 2022

My Brother is Married

So yesterday we had our first family event since welcoming Pierce. I was a tad nervous how it would go, but that was the whole reason I asked to be induced on my due date, was so I'd have as much time to recover as much as possible for this day! I did joke with him, when I saw him, that I pushed a human out of me a week early so that I could be there haha. He said he appreciated it. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself!

I knew it was going to be a mad dash morning. The wedding started at 10 so I wanted to be out of the house by 9 (the venue was about 30 minutes away and I wanted to make sure we got there earlier just in case). This meant if we were up at 7:30 we had an hour and a half to get fed, get hair done, get dressed, and get out of the house. I was smart enough to know to put outfits together the night before and get my makeup and the hair stuff out on the counter, so we'd be as ready as could be. When we got up (after my usual morning snuggles with Pierce) we got everyone fed breakfast by 8. Then the girls came up with me to my bathroom, while Larry got Pierce's diaper changed and dressed and cuddled. I got them in their dresses and did their hair as best as possible. I also worked on my own hair and makeup in between doing theirs. As soon as that was done Larry got dressed and I fed Pierce once more before we left (just to make sure he was good for a bit). I was pretty happy that as a family of 6 (one of which is a newborn) we got to the wedding not only on time, but a bit early even. Early enough to visit with the bride and groom and the rest of our family that was there. 



The ceremony was SO pretty! I teared up a bit and HAD to get pics of my brother tearing up seeing his bride coming. The girls got too nervous going down the aisle themselves so Larry had to help them walk down it haha. Pierce did so well and didn't fuss at all during the ceremony as well. I couldn't have asked for it to go better.




After that was done they did pictures outside. We waited in the lobby area while the upstairs got set up with the food. Every once in a while one of our inside group would need to go out for shots, but it went pretty smoothly. Pierce needed to eat again so I was able to get that taken care of pretty effortlessly. Everyone loved holding him and seeing him. Cindy showed him to Chris and he made a remark about "yeah, just as long as he's staying with them!" (meaning we're not taking any babies with us haha).





Once food was set up we headed back upstairs. Cara didn't want to sit with us so we just left her to her table she was at. Lucy loved the rolls they had, it was basically all she ate. Gwen just wanted the cake (we were sitting next to it so the whole time she just kept asking when we'd get cake). When the dancing started, it was so sweet, Cara told Larry she wanted to dance with him and it just happened to be during the father-daughter dance part so it was so sweet (I wish I had gotten a picture, but I didn't even know it happened. He just told me she came up to ask him to dance so he did). The girls danced with my mom quite a bit so I got shots of that and just soaked in how sweet it was (and how happy this made my mom).

We stayed long enough to eat, dance, watch them cut their cake, get dessert, and then tell them congratulations so it felt like it was a good visit and no one had any meltdowns!

Overall the day was GREAT. The girls behaved SO well and Pierce was such a hit. I couldn't have asked for a better first big occasion and I didn't really stress at all while we were out (breastfeeding sure makes it easy to just go with the flow). Once we got home I immediately got Pierce out of the car seat for our snuggles (I missed them while he was in the seat or in someone else's arms basically the whole time). 

Anyways, congratulations to Andy and Rachel! May you only know happiness and love from here on out and have many many great years together. So glad we could be part of your day, it was gorgeous!!

No comments: