Pages

Jun 19, 2022

Father's Day 2022

Father's Day this year wasn't as exciting as other years. I felt really bad, but Pierce is just SO needy so I have to rely on Larry doing most of the girls care as possible. In fact, I had asked him last week what he'd like to do and his response was "what are my options?" Haha. 



I did try and do my best to make sure he had a good day. For starters I found out one of our favorite comedians, Bill Burr, is coming to Utah in December. I figured Pierce would be 8/8.5 months by that point and should be a lot easier to watch. I asked my mom if she'd be willing to come by to watch the kids that night (and by watch, I mean put them to bed and just relax to make sure the house doesn't burn down and just watch TV...easiest babysitting job ever). She was more than happy to say yes, so I decided to buy tickets and make that part of his gift. It's not for a while, but I think that might be the most exciting part of his day haha.




I will say figuring out how to buy tickets to events is much more difficult than it used to be. I haven't gone to anything that's been in a big stadium like this in a very, very long time. I was trying to figure out the whole pre-sale tickets thing, that was super complicated (why are there 8 options if only 1 works??). I'm glad we were able to figure it out, we got some pretty decent seats and within my dad's day budget so score!




I decided he needed something to open on the day so I had the 2 older girls help pick out some funny shirts he'd like. I had about 4 or 5 options in my  Amazon cart and I showed it to them and had them each pick one. Cara picked one that said "Supper Daddio" in the Super Mario type text (perfect because they play Mario together all the time). Gwen picked out one that had a bunch of Marvel superheroes on it and said "Daddy you are as incredible as The Hulk, as amazing as Spider-Man, as mighty as Thor, as smart as Iron Man, and as honorable as Captain America. You are our Super Hero" I thought it was too awesome! I told them they had to keep it quiet until we could give it to him, but as soon as we left the office Gwen shouts out "Dad we just got you-" and I had to shush her right away. Figures, the 3 year old would want to spill the beans! Haha




During the day I made sure to acknowledge all the great things he does on the regular and the great things he did that day and how amazing he is. I made sure to tell him how much I love him and appreciate him helping me out and keeping me sane. I promised him next year we'd be able to do the holidays right. I asked him what he would've liked to do this year, if he had a choice. He said he probably would've liked a day in Wendover. I told him next year he could probably do that and maybe in a couple years we can have my mom watch the kids and do a trip together (we haven't been together in so long and we always have so much fun when we go). 



Anyways, the day wasn't the most exciting, but he's such an amazing guy to cater to us even on his special day. We love him and how silly he is. We love how strong he is and how great he is at being a good example for our kids. I look forward to seeing how having such a playful, involved dad impacts our kids. We both didn't have that much growing up so we love the idea that our kids will have two parents that actually want to be in their lives! 

We love you SLP!!

No comments: