Pages

Jul 15, 2022

A Completed Family

So knowing we have had our last baby and that we are a completed family has such a nice free feeling to it...I had NO idea I'd feel this way knowing Pierce is our last baby. When I was pregnant with him I thought (and semi feared) that I'd miss being pregnant and be so sad I'd never experience pregnancy ever again. Honestly, I'd totally sign up to be a surrogate, but since I have to have surgery to fix what my babies did to my body and to be a surrogate means there's a chance we could end up with a surprise pregnancy of our own and I REALLY don't want that I'll have to pass. The sickness and pains are hard, but providing a baby for someone else would be such a magical thing!

However, I love being able to shave my legs without maneuvering around a big belly. I love having energy to play with my kids and finding ways to divide my attention to all of them each day (I know most people struggle with this when it comes to multiple kids, but I actually love finding ways to connect with each kid each day). I love being able to bend into my washer to get the clothes that are at the bottom...this was SO hard when pregnant, but not anymore. I love not throwing up anymore (I mean, the only reason I threw up in the last 6 years was pregnancy related). I love knowing the workout routine I'm working on now won't be interrupted in a few months because I'll be pregnant again and now I just get to work on toning and fixing my abs as much as I can on my own (and I hope to build up to being able to run again...I haven't done that in SO long). There's just so much I'm excited for now that we are done.


To be honest, adjusting to 4 kids is harder than I thought it would be. I figured once you had 2 anything after that is just adding to the chaos and you should be used to it after that. I'm not sure if it's because Pierce is a boy or because our nursing journey was a bit more exclusive, maybe it's because my other kids are older and getting into more of a schedule of their own, or maybe it's because I've been reading so much about newborns and their sleep that I'm just overthinking everything. Either way, it's been a bit more stressful for me (for reasons even I can admit are ridiculous sometimes). It's enough to know I'm confident that I don't want or need any more children.

My plans, for now, is to get an arm implant for our birth control when he's about 6 months old, and when he's a year old I would like to talk to my doctors about getting a salpingectomy (tube removal) since it's basically a vasectomy for women - as outpatient as it gets. They can do it quickly, and without any scars, from what I've read. Plus it's basically a guaranteed permanent birth control (and MUCH easier recovery than a hysterectomy, which is what I was going to go for, originally). Then I get to get my tummy tuck surgery to fix my hernia and split abs and I'm SO excited to get that done.

Yup...we're complete and happy

So, with any luck, this time next year I'll be done with all that and we really be a complete family. I look forward to having game nights together, a movie night or taking them to a movie, everyone in their own rooms and beds. I am excited to plan family vacations again and having date nights with Larry (we've hardly had any 1:1 dates since we started having babies because I get too nervous leaving young ones with anyone else, but once Pierce is a year old I won't worry so much about it...I don't think). I can't help but do a happy dance at all these thoughts!

 

No comments: