Pages

Jul 2, 2022

Larry's Birthday

Yesterday was Larry's birthday. Unfortunately, just like Father's Day we knew it wasn't going to be the most exciting day, but I tried my best to help him feel special.

Luckily, Pierce let him sleep in (I say that since he's on nights right now). I was able to get some good gifts ordered and wrapped up in time. I also realized we should go out to dinner as well. I asked him if he'd be okay with that since it might mess with Pierce's schedule. He liked the idea of going to Leatherby's so we made those plans.

Luckily, he liked his gifts and sleeping in. He also got to drop Pierce off with me so that he could get a peaceful shower (since he's in the middle of nap training Pierce this is a bit of a luxury haha).

After I got off work we ran to Leatherby's for dinner. He loves their bubble gum ice cream and I figured the least I could do was buy him dinner. We had to stop at a grocery store on the way since we forgot bottle makings for Pierce (we got too used do breastfeeding, apparently), but luckily Leatherby's wasn't too busy so we were able to get a table right away. We got some yummy food and we ordered 3 scoops of ice cream (bubble gum for the birthday guy, play doh for the kids, and I got brownie fudge). Poor Pierce got sleepy and I had to rock him to sleep, but luckily he took a good nap in the car seat and then on the way home.

After getting the kids down he did some more studying for his test he had this morning and called it an early night.

Sadly, the only shot I got the whole actual birthday day

Luckily, he passed the test (this was a HUGE relief as it was an expensive test and there was some high stakes with passing) so I feel like that's good birthday juju. He also thought it would be fun to go out as a family so we decided to go to Thanksgiving Point's Ashton Garden area for their Dinosaur Island display after nap time. The girls love dinosaurs and so we knew it would be a fun one. This time we packed a couple bottle makings, grabbed some water, snacks, and sunscreen for the rest of us and headed out. I figured since I didn't have Friday off we really couldn't do much for his day, but if this is what he wanted to do today it kind of makes up for it (a little bit, but we still do owe him a good birthday next year). 


The dinosaur exhibit was really fun. Lucy would run up to them, then they'd move and she'd get scared and come back to me to be held. Cara and Gwen just got excited to run up to them and watch them move. If they didn't move they'd say "I think that one is tired". They loved their snacks and we were able to actually enjoy being outside for a couple hours. It was VERY hot so we did some sweating so I let Larry get a nice shower in after dinner (I know showers aren't that exciting, but I feel like it's the little nice things I can do that maybe count a bit) and then we got the kids to bed and had our snacks and relaxed.





Anyways, I hope he knows how much we appreciate and love him. He's so good at handling new babies (I wish I was as calm as he is, he doesn't stress about anything it seems like). He's so silly and fun to play with and when he has time off of work I love that he likes to clean the house and make it look nice. I can't wait to celebrate all the rest of his birthdays and really make the last few up to him (a couple years ago his birthday was only okay because we had Lucy and he had just gotten lasik done so that one wasn't the greatest either). 

I hope he knows we love his silly shirts he wears and how he will drive so carefully, even though I give him crap for going slow like a grandpa haha. I love that I can tell him anything and everything. I love that when I'm stressed out he'll tell me to take a step away and he'll just handle all the chaos (he's REALLY good at that). I love that he knows how much I love having me time so he does what he can for me to get that. And I love how he's so driven to work higher and higher within his job to support the family more and he helps me stay on my financial goals (and encourages and motivates me to make professional goals so I can also work higher and higher).

No comments: