Pages

Aug 31, 2022

Cara Starts Kindergarten

So my first baby has started Kindergarten. I've been looking forward to and dreading this day for a while now. I know now that she is in Kindergarten the years are going to just fly by. The nights will be filled with doing homework and eventually she'll be going to school on a bus, then making friends, planning school dances, first dates....UGH! She can't grow too fast, I just won't allow it.


Anyways, this time around we took her for her first hair cut. It wasn't anything drastic, just a trim to even things up and take her to the fun Cookie Cutter place near us. It wasn't really worth the money it cost, but she liked it and Gwen said she couldn't wait to get her first hair cut there haha. We did our usual first day of school questionnaire and took our first day of school picture. She asked me to put her hair up and I was more than happy to. 

Going for a back to school haircut
It didn't turn out much different

We had back to school "night" the day before where I got to meet her teacher and see her classroom. It looks like SO much fun, I wish I had school class rooms looking so nice back in my day. Her teacher is the sweetest as well and I think she'll be great for Cara.


Now, being in Kindergarten means we deal with Drop Off and Pick Up. Drop off hasn't been too bad since it's in the middle of the day (Cara does PM Kindergarten so that she's gone during nap time), but pick up has EVERYONE there. I thought I'd be able to split my lunch break between the two, but it takes me 15 minutes alone for drop off and then it's another almost 30 minutes for pick up.

Luckily, now that we're a week in we've figured out a good routine for everything. It's been fun to do drop off and pick up. I love seeing her face as she sees me when she gets out of her classroom and then rushes to the gate for me to get her. I'm so excited for school pictures, parent teacher conferences, book fairs, school fundraisers, all of it. They have a movie night coming up, they are showing Cars in the field and Larry plans on taking the girls to that, I think it'll be fun (I'm a little jealous he gets to take them, not going to lie). It's going to be SO great! I hope she makes friends easy enough!

No comments: