Pages

Sep 24, 2022

Gateway Discovery Children's Museum

Now that Summer is winding down and we can't go swimming we've been looking for ways to stay entertained. Now that Pierce is getting older and sleeping better I'm feeling SO much better about getting out more. Larry mentioned today that we should go to the Children's Museum since it was free (I couldn't remember it being free, but thought it would be fun to go again, we haven't been since Cara was about 1 ish). 

Unfortunately, it is NOT free, but it is a lot of fun for kids. They had a few new areas that I don't remember from before. There were some areas that weren't as nice as I remember them last time, but the kids didn't really notice, obviously. We almost didn't have enough time there this time as they wanted to spend so much time in each area. We had to talk them into moving on to the next section. I think the helicopter might have been everyone's favorite. I loved sitting with Pierce and watching the girls just play and figure things out. 


There was this derby car hill/track thing and I watched Cara find the cars, climb up to the top of the hill, put the cars in the right spots, and figure out how to pull the lever to release the cars down the hill. It was pretty cool to see her look around and figure it out. At one point Gwen had gotten hurt and was having a hard time calming down, but Larry took her to this spot that had light fabric pieces and a wind tube and you put the fabric pieces in the tube and it releases them into the air. That seemed to calm her down almost instantly. Lucy found a fun cart thing kids could ride and figured out how to ride it all around the area we were in (it wasn't as easy as it sounds). Pierce liked looking at books haha.



We had a lot of fun and then had to leave (my least favorite part of fun activities is forcing the girls to leave something they enjoy). I realized at that point we touched A LOT of things and my hands felt SO gross so we made sure to load up on sanitizer as we were leaving. I also made sure we washed our hands when we got home. I'm going to be getting some Airborn at the store tomorrow for us to take so we can make sure we don't get TOO sick from all the germs I'm sure we've brought home haha. 



Anyways, we had to pay more than we thought, but it was well worth it. There's HOURS of fun at this place and I'm so glad the kids had fun. 

No comments: