Pages

Jun 12, 2023

Lucy is 3!

Our little Lucy Lou is finally 3 years old. I cannot believe my precious littlest girlie is now a year older.

To celebrate we went to Corey Wride Park. We had gone a couple weeks ago and we all had so much fun we figured we'd do a party there. The pavilions are never that busy, so I didn't bother reserving anything, I figured we'd be good enough. We picked out and ordered her cake way early so that was nice. I got her presents early enough and did some "birthday table supplies" on fun field trips to the dollar store with Cara and Gwen. 

In the morning I had a pedicure appointment so I picked up the cake as well as some food from Wal Mart on my way home. When I got back and nap time finally ended I had her wiggle car gift waiting at the bottom of the stairs. After playing for a few minutes, we rushed the kids into the car to head to the playground. I noticed on my way to the park there were TONS of parties in backyards on the side of the road. I was nervous when we got to the park and I saw quite a few people under the pavilion. I checked online and it turns out you have to reserve it and it had been completely booked for the day. I did notice a note saying there was a separate pavilion by the splash pad that doesn't require reservations and luckily, that had an open table so we swiped that for our guests. 

The kids had SO much fun in the splash pad, it was hard to tear them away for food, cake, and presents haha. But we got through those as quickly as we could so they could rush back to playing and splashing. 


I was really happy that the food turned out good (I didn't get anything with a plan, I just grabbed what looked good as I was walking around), the cake was SO yummy, and she got some good presents. The kids had so much fun (we ended up staying at the park for 3 hours and they still didn't want to leave haha).

We came home in time to get everyone ready for bed and they passed out.

Today, I got up early and put her table together, got her last presents put into gift bags, and put up the streamer "gate" to run through haha. She absolutely loved her table surprises and the gifts she got (a new battery for the play car in the garage, some bubble wands, a new book, and a helmet and some pads for riding bikes and her new wiggle car. I also let her stay up a little bit for nap time to come outside and play with us with popsicles (the Creamies kind). Then, we let her pick out where we went for dinner (she selected Arctic Circle because of the play place), we got 4 small shakes to share and some yummy food (much better than the McDonald's we got this last week). The girls played their little hearts out and then we headed home for bed time.


It's been such a good day to celebrate our last little girl.

Look at her sweet smile


To my Lulu,

Thank you for being such a silly girl and never being afraid to show your emotions haha. You are such a smarty pants and have figured out "why you don't do [x,y,z]" so quickly. You love to be a little mama and get after your siblings, even Pierce, when they do things you know they shouldn't do. 

You have gotten so smart in the last year and went from babbling big baby to a smarty pants that knows so many new words, knows how to hop and spin (without falling down), and how to keep up with your big sisters (which isn't always easy). You've transitioned into a big girl bed, sharing a room with your sisters and you've done SO well with that.

You love to sing car songs all the time and it's the sweetest thing ever (you usually do the baby bumble bee or baa baa black sheep songs). You love to dress up and be so girlie with your sisters, but you mostly love to cuddle up in my lap all the time. I love how sweet and snuggly you are. Even if I groan a bit because I'm trying to get some work done, I still absolutely love how much of a koala baby you are haha.

No comments: