Pages

Jul 23, 2023

24th of July - a Utah Celebration

The much lesser known, but much more highly celebrated (it seems) 24th of July is becoming a favorite for me haha. This year the 24th is on a Monday so we went to mom's today to celebrate. Andy and Rachel came too so it was such a fun gathering.




Mom and Will grilled us food and had drinks, we brought pie and some pasta salad with us (just so we weren't mooching too much) and it all turned out SO yummy. Mom bought a Twister Splash Pad thing for the kids to get soaked with (I'm sure that was their favorite part haha) and after they dried off, Will took them out in "the buggie" for neighborhood rides. That also got some BIG smiles. 




After all that we lit some snakes, sparklers, and threw down/popped some poppers (Grandma REALLY got into that) while we visited and the kids climbed the tree out front (I hope that becomes a core memory for them!). 




It was SUCH a fun time! We even stayed past the kids bedtime so we could let them have fun (and maybe dry off as much as possible haha). I definitely look forward to doing this each year and having more summer gatherings with the whole group. I am SO happy my mom is back and we get to do get togethers like this so often!!

My little monkeys!

And now all kids are passed out while the outside world is going CRAZY with explosions. I get so excited for when we can take them out late enough to watch the fireworks, but for now I'll enjoy my peaceful night and go fold some laundry.

No comments: