Pages

Jul 31, 2023

July Activities

We/I had such a fun month this month, I am loving summer this year! 

  • Early this month (on the 8th), I went with Mom, Will, Grandma, Andy, and Rachel to see "Top Fun" at Desert Playhouse. Rachel works there and gets us cheap tickets (plus discounts on their food...I had to try their lava cake haha). I love that they are an improv show and they make it pretty interactive. It was such a funny show (they broke character a few times and that makes it more funny haha). It was such fun, I noticed they had a Grinch Christmas show next year that I have every intention of bringing Cara and Gwen to. We even had them do a birthday shout out to Grandma and she was SO surprised and seemed to love it. 
  • I crossed off a huge to-do that I've been wanting to do for a few months: I finally cleaned & organized the kids toys & all our sheets (finally!). I found a good storage system for our sheets (I found some storage bags that are about the same size as the zipper bags that the sets come in) and it has been SO nice having those set better.
  • I also organized the kids toys into 7 containers so we have one for every day and it's easier to clean them up each day (rather than having ALL toys out all the time). It's not EVERY toy, as some we just left out to have them be able to play with at any point and are easy to clean up (like dress up stuff) and I still need to do something with the basement toys, but maybe that'll be a plan for next month haha.
  • Another HUGE check off is we got our backyard patio and outdoor toy storage projects done. I've been looking for a good storage system for our side yard (it's not big and it starts out wide and gets more narrow as it gets closer to the yard, which makes it hard to find something that fits AND we can walk around). We went to Costco one day and I saw these storage boxes that would be PERFECT! I just wasn't sure if they'd be the right size so we went home and I measured and saw they would fit so the next day we went to Costco and...they were all gone (ARGH!). So we drove down to the American Fork Costco and luckily they had them so we grabbed two and very, VERY carefully drove them home (they barely fit in the van with all the kids and I ended up having to drive us home because the driver seat had to be set SO close to the wheel). We got them built and put on some pallets (on top of our big rocks that I had Larry move because the side yard was a much better place than our front square). I loved getting the outdoor toys more organized and put away so they don't blow away or get destroyed in the elements.



  • We scoured so many concrete people to get out back patio poured so we can finally have an outdoor dining set (not to mention a LOT less dirt blowing around outside as well). After so many of them telling us it was too small of a job for them so I finally turned to KSL and looked at the services section and found some concrete people to reach out to. One finally reached back out, was within budget, and was able to get the job done within a day (sweet deal to us!). I think we may have to reconfigure our back porch steps for the new area, but that's a job for another summer haha.



  • This month was Gwen's turn for 1:1 dates. She ended up picking going swimming at a Rec Center Pool and, of course, the other kids thought that sounded so fun we made it a family date. We were going to go to the one in Lindon, but it was SO packed  (and outdoors while the temperature was over 100 degrees and Larry wasn't feeling being outside) we went to the Lehi one and it was SO much fun (and indoors)!! They had so many fun areas and the kids LOVED the lazy river the most. I'm honestly hoping to go back again because it's so much fun!!
  • On 7/11 we got our free slurpees during nap time. It was VERY hot to it was really nice. I'll never pass up a free slurpee (plus they organized the line so it wasn't so bad).



  • On the 16th I was craving ice cream so we decided to check out the new Handel's in Saratoga Springs. Larry and I both got the 4 scoop sampler and the kids all got a cone with 3 scoops of their choice of ice cream. It was SO yummy (I'm pretty sure ice cream is my favorite dessert). It was a nice treat in the 100 degree weather and I didn't realize it was National Ice Cream Day until afterwards, so that was nice haha.
  • We also have been doing plenty of fun nap time activities while it's summer break. At first it was overwhelming, but now I'm more used to it and I love the more personalized time and breaks from work I get to spend with the girls.








  • On the 22nd, we went to this float preview event at the Mountain America Expo Center (it was free, indoors, and they had free face painting for the kids). It wasn't the most exciting things for the kids, but it was really cool seeing the detail in the floats and the video time lapses. Some of them even had little scavenger hunts that the kids could do (they also had candy that I think was their favorite part haha).




  • On the 29th one of my work friends, Jeni, got married and we got to go to the reception. The kids were all dressed up and looking so cute. The food was great and Jeni looked so gorgeous in her dress.



So that was July for us. Pretty eventful and exciting. Our last full month of summer break. I'm looking forward to school starting next month and going back to school shopping for Gwen and Cara. Hopefully we can keep it budget friendly haha.

Also, a MOVING UPDATE: I know I posted that we'd be relocating with Larry's job last month. However, after looking and doing the math we realized that housing interest rates are just too insane right now. We'd pay less in gas and car maintenance than we would on just the interest of a new home. So until rates are more favorable we've put a halt on moving. It was a hard decision to come to and we're hopeful moving is still part of our future, but right now it doesn't fit and, luckily, we're happy with where we're at. 

No comments: