Pages

Aug 5, 2023

Family Reunions

When I was a little girl I remember doing family Christmas parties with my great aunts, uncles, and great Grandma. I used to hate going all the time, but it was a MUST GO every year. When my great grandma passed away the Christmas parties stopped and it got a little sad that we weren't going anymore and I kind of missed it.

Well a few months ago my great family (easier than specifically labeling the people) decided they'd like to start it up again and had it planned for this weekend. I became very excited. I'm sure it'll be boring for my kids and they'll dread them, but I don't care, it's a great tradition to have growing up. I love having family around. PLUS they had the reunion at Wheeler Farm next to a playground so the kids actually had fun.

It was so nice catching up to the people I see online and seeing new babies and seeing all the people from when I was a kid. As a bonus, one my great aunts brought a big box of really old family photos and we got to dig through it. I was determined to find something of my Papa and we found a couple photos of him as a little kid. I totally teared up (I miss him SO much still it's insane). It was so great seeing his cute little boy face!

My Papa as such a tiny boy!

After spending a couple hours there, eating sandwiches, visiting, and taking some photos we decided to head home for nap time (Pierce was DONE and luckily went right to sleep once we got home). It was so nice visiting and I very much look forward to the next ones!




These pics are only the tip of the iceberg of how many people were there, but it was silly fun!

No comments: