Pages

Aug 23, 2023

Back to School Time

I am coming to love Back to School time. Not because I look forward to my kids being in school and dealing with drop off and pick up (not to mention having one kid in all day school and one in half day so that's so many pick ups and drop offs), but I love shopping for school supplies, I love planning lunches, and taking first day of school pictures (and picking out first day outfits).

This year my mom and I took Cara and Gwen out shopping on the 12th. We only had to hit up Target and Kohls and got everything we needed (we did end up hitting up Barnes & Noble too, but that was a personal one for me and I ended up getting more books than I expected). We got way more than the girls needed, but it was fun. 




Unfortunately, lunches aren't that exciting, yet. Cara is pretty picky and has only had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I do try and put a few snacks for her, but she's just pretty basic) and Gwen doesn't have lunch at school. Maybe I should be grateful it's easy so far.

The first days have been great. Picking out outfits was so fun and I, of course, had to do our traditional questionnaire for both of them. Cara started last week (the 16th) and Gwen started today. So far both have loved going. In fact, going to drop Cara off (with Gwen) they had their heads out the window yelling "this is the best day in the world!" and Cara (I think she assumed everyone else was going into 1st grade as well) kept saying "first grade is the best" and telling everyone hi. Both said they weren't nervous for their first days, which is a nice surprise.



Gwen was so in the zone when I dropped her off. She has to hold onto this rope line when I check her in and once she grabs on, I no longer exist, she's in preschool mode. When she got out she was so excited and said she had a great day. She seemed so excited for recess the most. She's already asking when she gets to go back again haha.

Either way, I'm so excited they are having great years so far. I look forward to them having more fun and learning more. Their teachers are so nice so far and I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: