Pages

Aug 30, 2023

August Activities

This month has been an active one that's for sure. Aside from my family reunion, back to school, and my exciting day I have tomorrow (see tomorrow's post for that), here's what we did this month:

-Stace had to get her car repaired in Utah so she stayed with us for a couple nights early in the month. It was a bit chaotic (since I still had to work), but I was glad we could make room for them and make it work so they didn't have to pay for a hotel. We had a lot of fun the Friday night playing cards (Larry, me, and her all played and it was SO much fun!), we did masks, we talked and talked, and just had some good girl time (with Larry a little bit).  We also took the kids to the Utah County fair on Friday night. It ended up being kind of a dud, but at least we got out of the house!


-I finally ordered organizers for our activity closet that were actually useful. The closet isn't exactly where I'd like it to be, but it's SO much closer and so much easier to access. I still need to find room for the paper cutter, some wood projects I have, and my silhouette machine (that I never use), but other than that I've found a way to squeeze everything in. While, it's still a work in progress and there's more I can get done, this is HUGE progress for this closet! 

-While taking time off of work for the first week of Gwen and Cara being in school I decided to also attempt to potty train Lucy. She kind of started doing it on her own a few months ago so I thought this might be easy, and it turned out it was! She basically took care of it all on her own. We printed off two trackers (since she filled out the first one by the end of the first week). She kept requesting rainbow underwear so this last weekend we found a set that had rainbows at Smith's so we got her those. She has filled out the 2nd tracker and so we're planning on taking her to the dollar store to get a toy and let her switch from pull ups to the underwear. I'm so excited she's taken to this so easily. We only had one instance where she went potty in her pull up (that wasn't from nap time or bed time) so I'd say that's a success!

-Last Saturday, we met up with Marie and hit up the Loveland Aquarium. It was her first time going to this one and it ended up being a hit. We were able to see everything just before it closed (we saved the sharks for last and we were there when they announced it was closing in 10 minutes so we cut it pretty close). We then headed to nearby park/playground to let the kids play and eat. Unfortunately, Marie got stung by a bee there so that was pretty sad, but she handled it like a champ and said she was feeling better the next day. We definitely had (mostly) a lot of fun that day.



-Football preseason has started and the Packers have been ROCKING it so far! I'm so excited for the real season to start up!!

This month just zoomed by, it was so nice! But I know the next month is going to go just as fast and then we're into the holiday so it'll practically be February by the time I can slow down so here's to having a great rest of the year!

No comments: