Pages

Aug 31, 2023

Surgery Day

Surgery day (#1) is upon us and I couldn't be more excited (and maybe a tad nervous)! Definitely no more babies after this, I'm having my tubal ligation in approximately 3 hours. I've been looking forward to this for about a year now. We knew when we decided we were done having kids I'd have this surgery and then the following year I'd have my "mommy makeover" tummy tuck (to fix my abs and hernia) so I'm excited to get this one checked off to do my other one next year.

It's been a hard process to get this surgery, unfortunately. I tried for 3 weeks to get my consultation appointment. When I finally got in they found out it was the wrong kind of appointment and they'd cancel that one and put me on the calendar for the right kind (the one I went in was for if I was looking for an ablation to help my periods instead of being on birth control). I went in and they said I needed to have an appointment within 30 days of my surgery (this was back in early July) so I assumed that meant my surgery would be in July. They told me they'd call me to schedule it at my consultation and when they finally did call they told me the earliest surgery date they had was the 31st of August (UGH!!!) so I asked if that meant I still had to do an appointment within the 30 days and they said yes, unfortunately, so they scheduled that for the 22nd. Luckily, I had that day off already so I booked that. I was totally fine, excited, and looking forward to getting this done. Then, for some reason, last week I just started to get so nervous that I'd go under and not wake up. 

I swear having kids makes you develop ridiculous fears...apparently in my case. As the week has gone on I've been doing everything I can to make sure to soak up as much family time. I mean, sure, I make jokes about this being my last week alive (so I'm not wasting in sleeping and I'm having as many snacks as I can haha), but there is a part of me that is quite nervous. Luckily, we've had an amazing week, the kids have been so sweet and loving and cuddly this week, which is very much helping my momma heart. I've been more patient and soaking up ALL moments with them. I have a lot I need to get done still so I have no intention of letting this take me from my family and great life. I have today off, even though my surgery isn't until 12:10 (I haven't been able to eat since 11 last night so I intend to have a great big meal afterwards), but I do go back to work tomorrow so hopefully my recovery is quick (I'll keep ya posted...assuming I wake up haha).


No comments: