Pages

Sep 4, 2023

Labor Day Weekend 2023

Labor Day Weekend was part dud and part a lot of unexpected driving.

Saturday we kicked off the weekend with a drive up to Malad for lottery tickets. The lottery was pretty big and Larry REALLY wanted to go all together (I'd totally be okay just letting him drive up and I'll stay down entertaining the kids). I figured since we had two days at home after, I could sacrifice a day driving up there. We decided to bring some fun stuff for the kids and some snacks so we could drive up, play at a playground, and then head home. The playground we found ended up having a splash pad, so we let the kids strip down, play in the water, dry off with the hand dryers in the bathroom, and then get re-dressed. We let them play as much on the playground as they could handle. We let them eat all the snacks we had. We even let them dance around and put on a mini performance on a nearby stage. It actually ended up  being pretty fun, although the drive home wasn't everyone's favorite haha.

Sunday we ended up having a lazy day. I wanted to get our new decorations put up, tidy the house, and get some other chores done, but I figured I had another day so we just had fun as a family on Sunday (aside from Grocery shopping and laundry).

Today, as we were finishing up breakfast Larry got a call from his older brother saying he crashed one of those electric scooters and hurt his leg and wanted to know if he could take him to the hospital. He lives an hour North of us so it was quite the ask, but we know he didn't have very many options. I told Larry he should just go up, take care of his brother, and I'd stay here and take care of the kids. He mentioned taking a couple kids with him and going out to lunch and I thought the lunch idea sounded fun so he ended up talking me into us all going. I figured it would only take a couple hours, max, but we got him to the hospital at 12, went to lunch, and then (because it was raining so playing outside wasn't an option) we headed over to Cindy's to hang out with her. Around 3:00 his brother text us to tell us he had to have some surgery on his leg and would be there at least until the night. We had to tell him, unfortunately we couldn't stay that long and so he'd have to find a ride home (it is a school night and it was a long drive after all). Luckily, the kids had fun playing upstairs with Olivia so that was nice (plus I learned Pierce can officially go up and down stairs all on his own). 

A representation of our whole weekend

So we never got around to all the chores I meant and we did SO much driving and lots of eating out (it felt like) so it wasn't my favorite Labor Day Weekend we've had, but at least we got to see family and help someone in need.

No comments: