Pages

Sep 26, 2023

September Activities

This month felt uneventful, really, so I don't feel I had a lot of bigger posts. Here are some of the smaller items from the month:

-My surgery update: healing went pretty quickly. I didn't need my pain meds for too long (maybe 2-3 days max). I definitely felt perfectly fine by my 2 week checkup. I was bummed I couldn't fully workout until that point, so I made sure to do a longer walk instead so I could still watch my show and earn my shower haha. My belly button area and my throat (from the tube they put down it during surgery) were the worst parts really, and those were tolerable.

-Now that it's September I've started spooky movie season. I love ones that have a great twist. I'm pretty picky with thrillers and horror movies (I don't care for jump scares...too cheap and easy) so it's hard for me to find new ones that I actually like.


-We crossed off our doctor days this month. Dentist, Eyes, and (as of today) Larry's Dermatologist are all done. We even all had NO cavities (which was an amazing feat...I thought, for sure, Cara and I would have at least 1 each). We went out to Leatherby's to celebrate and get some ice cream.

-Football season has also started and I'm SO excited for that. I think that might be my favorite part of Fall time. Go Pack Go!!

-I loaded up on some Fall scented candles that I love and am excited to burn. That's a harder goal for me to get so I'm pretty excited I found quite a bit.


-I feel like this month was prepping for our big shift coming (two vacations for me and Larry should be starting his new job soon) so my focus was on that and figuring out how our days will work after all that.

-We did make it to an outdoor movie. Cara's school put on The Super Mario Movie (and that's a favorite in our home) so that was pretty fun for us.


-I got a pedicure this last weekend with Rachel. It's nice to have pretty toes and soft feet again. Just in time for my trip :)

Speaking of my trip...now I'm getting ready to head out for my Boston trip with Stace so I'll be excited to post about those coming up!


No comments: