Apr 30, 2026

April activities

April had so many fun things, we're loving the weather warming up and finding reasons to be outside more. But we also did a few little things I want to document.

-This month I created a new self improvement plan. I feel there's so much I'm falling behind on so I picked 5 goals to work on each day. When I accomplish all 5 in a day, I earn a quarter. If I do 3 of the 5 then I don't earn anything, but I don't lose anything. If I do less than 3, I lose a quarter. So far, I've done good with doing all of them that I can. Originally, I figured I'd focus on them for however long I need to to feel I've got the hang of it, but I have more things I want to fix up so I figure once I got a handle of these 5, I'll switch them out for 5 new ones. After I've earned so much, I can buy an item off one of my wish lists. Having a physical tracker has helped SO much. What really kicked this off is I wanted to start focusing on my eating - again, the Super Bowl really threw me off. I wrote down the foods I can have, how often I can eat out or have treats, when I can snack and having it written down has been so so helpful! Honestly, I felt so great after just one week, but I've got to still track as long as I can until I feel I've got it down. Hopefully this continues to really help me.

-This month we're back to full on soccer and dance again, luckily, this time, it feel like we're better prepared. The games are better since it's a more low key time of year and it smells amazing. It definitely feels good to get out after being hermits for so much of winter. We're just working on finding our groove with practices and dance class but also fitting in bath time. I've decided to take off one day each week to feel I have some breathing room or a day to do anything I feel I can't get done with this new schedule. That has helped so much.


-We had our doctor day this month. Pierce had a checkup on the 6th (everything is all good with him, but I didn't know he could draw as well as he can so I told them he just scribbles, but Larry told me he can draw shapes and stuff. I didn't believe him until I saw him do it with chalk on our driveway and I'm amazed at what the kid can do! He does have some skin bumps on his back/side, but it turns out they aren't anything big, we just need to get cream to help them). I had my gyno checkup on the 7th (another all good, I decided to do some blood labs, which came out all clear. I also found out I have a lot of fun new medical stuff to look forward to in a couple years. Yay for turning 40!). We then had our dentist checkups on the 23rd and we all had clear mouths, no cavities. So that was good news!

-Our damn cats got into a fight and my hand got the worst of it!! I wasn't sure how to bandage it up at first, but we found some big band aids to put on my hands. I'm hoping it doesn't scar too much. Definitely feels worse than it looks!


-We did a Malad run on the 11th to turn in old tickets. Larry, of course, wanted to get new ones. Last time we went the playground was all roped off so I wasn't expecting a fun trip. We stopped at a Tremonton Grill place that ended up being SO good, had so many good choices, and was really cheap for a family of 6 (normally we spend close to $100 for dinner out, but this was only $60!). When we got to Malad, we went to see if the playground was opened and it turns out they must have been doing MAJOR upgrades last time, because this time it was SO much cooler (everything was all new and clean and shiny!). I decided to walk the path to get steps (Gwen came with me) and it looks like they added in new tennis courts, they had stuff for another possible playground, and a new workout playground area that is pretty cool. Now I actually look forward to Malad trips because it looks so cool and fun now!


-Lucy had her school birthday lunch on the 13th, so I had to do that (of course!). She said she wanted Wendy's so she could get a frosty and fries. I was not about to say no to that, haha. She was so excited for that day!


-Cara had her first field trip on the 15th. I was nervous because the teacher said their field trip would be to the Museum of Natural Curiosity, which I won't chaperone (because it's just TOO much with kids I don't know), but then they announced it was switched to the Museum of Ancient History, so I signed up for that one. The Museum was cool, but parts were blocked off, and then it was shorter than we planned (I guess someone wrote the time down wrong so communication was off) so then we went to a playground nearby for a picnic lunch. I was chilly (which is not anything new), but the kids all had so much fun. A boy teacher definitely does field trips differently (he just told kids to pick a chaperone, rather than having groups planned out), but I had a group of lots of Cara's friends so it's always nice to see who she's hanging out with.


-The girls got to do their Dance pics on the 16th and 18th. This time, they didn't request specific hair styles, so I had to figure out what we should do and it turned out really cute. We did have to have Gwen skip her soccer practice on Thursday, but luckily we didn't have to miss any games and she had her other practice on Tuesday so it worked out. I'm really excited to see how these turn out.


-My biggest thing, was I officially put in my notice at work!!! I'm quitting work and I'll post on the details about this later, but this is a day I was so excited for and now that it's passed I'm looking forward to my next chapter.

-And, of course, my favorite pics of the kids:







No comments: