We have officially done our first day using our Lagoon season passes. I am already so excited we have these and can go as many times as we want this year! The kids loved so many things from last year and this year there's the new Nutcracker ride (although the line was WAY too long to even think of trying that one this time, I promise I'll ride it before the end of the season!).
The great thing was, we only stayed for 5 hours (which isn't really much when it's open for like 10 hours) and we didn't do very many rides, but it's nice to know whatever we missed this time, we can do next time. I have a plan that we'll do one Sunday as a family and then I'll pick a couple Tuesdays or Wednesdays throughout the month to go with just me and the kids, we'll see if we only do it that much or if we end up going like once a week, haha. We even have the perfect backpack that holds so many snacks, water, and sunscreen (so we have a big breakfast and then load the bag up with as much as we can) so we can just snack all day in between rides and leave before dinner time, it's really the best set up!
This time we stuck to the end of the park that has Wicked and Spider, and just did most rides on that end. We did go to Pioneer Village to do those rides as well. Pierce and Lucy decided they don't like Rattlesnake Rapids though, and since it wasn't very warm, I just let Larry take Cara and Gwen on that one while we waited for them.
I did find out, however, that I have complete and absolute panic attacks when taking the older girls on the bigger rides. We started with Wicked and Gwen was just a tad too short so they put a little booster in her seat. I was so excited to ride it with them, but the second it started going I suddenly imagined them both falling out of the ride, especially Gwen with the booster (it just looked like she wasn't all the way in and I literally imagined her falling out and me trying to reach out to grab her and the utter terror I felt completely overshadowed anything else that we experienced on the ride...seriously, I have NO idea what the ride was like because I just was sick to my stomach with that image). It didn't help that Cara started screaming something like "HELP ME!" in such a voice that I couldn't tell if she was being silly or if she genuinely was freaking out. Once the ride stopped, she had this HUGE smile and I realized she was just being silly. I told her she can't scream things out like that or I'll freak out haha.
![]() |
| Can you tell I'm coming off the biggest panic attack I've EVER had here? |
There was a bit of a funny part when we first got to the park, we were walking to the bathrooms when this grown man starts yelling out "Gwen! Gwen!" and walking straight to our Gwen. I was rushing with her to the bathrooms, so Larry was a ways away, but I was giving him a look like "who is this random man trying to talk to my little girl??" when Larry smiles and says, "look Gwen! It's your soccer coach!" and I realized that's what was going on. We had JUST seen him yesterday at the game, but I totally didn't recognize him at all. It was so funny. He even ended up in the Wicked line next to us and was commenting how brave she was for going on that ride.
We ended the day with ice cream, of course, and it was a really good trip. We got there later-ish (around 11) and decided to call it quits after the 5 hours, but it was definitely enough for one day. I really can't shake the freak out I had on the one ride so I'm trying to decide if I should just let Larry ride any upside down ones with the girls or if I should have them wait until they are a bit taller and I feel better or if I should just have them try and wiggle next time we are in the seats so I can confirm they aren't going anywhere. I'm not sure, but I know I cannot continue doing those rides with them right now with how bad I freaked out.
I'm glad we get to do these trips and I just hope the kids don't get sick of going so often, because if this works out like I think, we may just get these every year. The drive is long, but it's totally worth it!


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment