Pages

Jun 3, 2012

Two More Weeks!

So it's a bit more official now, but in about two more weeks we will be in our first home! I'm so excited about it. I have no way to post pictures of it here yet, but once we get into it I'll be taking plenty of them. So far we've signed and had the purchase contract accepted, we had the appraisal done, and we've found a title and insurance company. Because I just started my new job, they had to wait till I was on the job 30 days to verify employment/income information, which they'll be doing on the 7th of this month. We already have the earnest money sent off and once they get the verification they'll just have to send it all to the underwriting "crew" and then we get to go sign at the title company! I'm so stoked and cannot wait to be in our own place!
This month is going to be so hectic though, between Skyler/Jena's wedding plans, moving into the condo, our own wedding stuff, plus adding my school that starts tomorrow and the fact that Larry will have his drill from the 13th to the end of the month, we have A LOT to squeeze in within the next few weeks!
We've only just started talking some wedding stuff, but we'll be looking at reception centers on the 9th, I figure once we have that picked out that's a HUGE thing off the list and that'll help us with other budget stuff and things we need to look into. It's hard for me to just sit and wait before I can plan anything, but I have to. Luckily house stuff has distracted us me for the most part. Today we went out looking at dishes, silverware, and glasses, because those are the only house things that we'll need immediately that we don't have yet, at least I think that's the only stuff. We have found I am VERY picky with dishes and their design, while Larry is picky with color and material-we're an awesome match! It's good though, this gives us ideas of what to register for, even though we'll be in our home a year before our wedding, we'll probably just get the minimum for now and then register for more or some other fun things for the wedding. Silverware was much easier to find one we both liked and glasses we kind of forgot about, but we'll figure that out next weekend.
I'm sure this is all very boring to anyone else, but I'm more than happy to just go on and on about it :) it's my first home and I want it all to be just right. I found a China set I wanted, not knowing it was China or how expensive it is, but I still plan on getting some just to have for if we have people over for dinner, which now that we've found a cute place I might be doing a lot of. I also can't wait to try out the pool and gym room, ah! I think I'm finally to the point where everything in my life is just right and I'm even more excited about moving forward, if only I didn't have to keep waiting for that.
So until next time...which will probably be after we move and I can post pictures ;)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I totally enjoy that fact that you're SO excited...I'll read everything you want to share!! Never boring to see someone SO happy, SO excited & SO in love!