Pages

Dec 9, 2013

Christmas Gift Idea - Neighbors

So this year I decided to do a fun gift for our neighbors, I saw something about Caramel Apples being seasonal this time of year and thought wouldn't it be fun to make some for our neighbors? Well, Larry thought it was a bad idea since he doesn't think people would "trust" the gift; so then I thought well if we give them the items to make it themselves maybe it would be more "trustworthy". So I, of course, went to Pinterest where I found this pin and kind of went with it and added our own twist to it. We still need to buy our apples (happening this weekend) and print off our tags, but we got the kits mostly put together tonight and I have to say I get more excited to hand them out. 
 
Here take a look:

Minnie helping us clean our mess.
Yes, there are 11 total kits w/4 apples each!


The caramel and toppings:
Mini Chocolate Chips, Nuts, and Sprinkles

Here's the brands and sticks we got.

Here's our copy of the tags we'll be attaching
Directions to make the caramel and a nice greeting tag


I'm super excited to get them finished and out this weekend, hopefully everyone will be home and maybe, just maybe, I'll actually knock on their door to say hi so we can get to know them and have them know us. We have a few newbies in our building so hopefully it will make them feel like we're less strangers.
 
I'm actually pretty proud of some of my gift ideas this year, I've got a fun one for my Grandma, but I can't post that one till after Christmas - she might read this.  
 
Happy Holidays everyone!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute Jodi! Love this idea!