Pages

Dec 1, 2013

Happy Turkey Day

Oh how I just love the holidays!!



Thanksgiving this year was probably one of the better ones I've been a part of, it was so simple and relaxing for us, which made it that much better. We got to spend quite a few hours at Larry's grandma's and hung out with a small part of that family and catch up with his mom. Then we went over to mine and got to hang out with everyone on my side. I didn't take any pictures this year, my camera is currently full of pics from Florida and I need to get a new memory card or just delete those ones and refill with Holiday stuff.

Anyways, It was so nice seeing Mom and Will, even Shawn, Amber, and Baby Will came over. It was SO nice playing with the baby, his smile is just the most infectious thing ever! This year, like last, I had Friday off, but Larry didn't so I went back over and just hung out with Mom, Will, and Andy. We met up with Grandma and Larry for lunch at Zupas...YUM! Then we went walking around the mall and Jordan Landing a little bit. They left yesterday to head back home, as did Cindy and the whole Perkins clan. That was the least fun part of this weekend.


I didn't take a picture of these decorations up,
But this is most of what we had for T-Giving

This year I've narrowed down my Thankful list to one that encompasses all: Today's Technology (this is a repeat of my Facebook post, but I'm putting it here too). I'm SO thankful for technology for the following reasons:

  1. It has given Larry so many job opportunities, which has helped our future.
  2. It has helped extend the fur babies' lives, helping them stay healthy and live longer.
  3. It has helped me stay connected to my long distance family by doing Skype calls each week/month.
  4. It has made it so family can come together, whether it's for the holidays or for weddings.
  5. It has brought me more family over the years, if it weren't for technology I don't think I'd be in contact with my dad's side of the family, and I don't think I could be any more grateful for that!
I'm sure there's more to be happy with, but that's my biggest ones.
 
So to everyone out there: Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years!

No comments: