Pages

Sep 23, 2015

Disneyland 2015

I'm officially a believer that Disneyland really is one of the happiest places and most magical! I can't believe how much I did remember and how much I forgot from when I was a kid. Granted a lot of it is really similar to Disney World, which we got to do a couple years ago, but still. The only thing I went in remembering is loving the Roger Rabbit and Star Tours ride. I hadn't even been there when California Adventures was a thing, but I still had fun. So going this year was beyond awesome, eating the treats was one of the best things, and having a hotel within walking distance was the best ever.

Flying to California was different for us, but I'm just glad we weren't one of the flights that got seriously delayed


Tired, but so ready to be there.
Can I just rave about how awesomely close to Disneyland our hotel was? We could see Tower of Terror and the fireworks from our window.



The plan was to hit Disneyland first, then California Adventures, and then do any second rides on the third day (or any that we missed). We hit a bunch of rides at Disneyland (we were really able to squeeze in more than I thought was possible) and then did a few over in California Adventures (including Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania)



 

I loved how it looked like it was sparkling

It was almost as great as I remember it :)


 

Day two in California Adventures was crazy! I mean I was told to hurry and get a fast pass for the Cars ride because the line is always insane. Well the line for the fast pass in the morning was insane so we decided to just go wait in line to ride the ride. I had figured out at this point that we should be able to hit up Universal Studios on Monday, but I wanted to ride all my favorite rides at least twice.  Even in the extreme heat and with our daily break in the afternoon we were still able to get all of the California Adventures in twice and a couple of the Disneyland ones again (I think I can confidently say at this point Tower of Terror is the best ride, but Haunted Mansion is the best at Disneyland)


Every time we rode this ride Larry looked extremely
Happy in the pictures. I loved it haha
 
 

From the big Ferris wheel

I'm such a fan of Little Mermaid

So glad she found happiness :)

I said extreme heat right?

 


California Screamin pic
Ending the day with ice cream
And root beer float is the best

The last day was, apart from the awful California Traffic, awesome and busy! We had ridden all the rides we liked in  Disneyland at least twice (three times on Tower of Terror at this point) and so we decided a trip to Universal  Studios is a must! Unfortunately they replaced the Backdraft "ride" that Larry loved and I wanted to see with the Transformers Ride, but it was still fun. In fact I think I liked the U.S. rides a bit better than the D.L. rides because I like the motion simulator type rides. We got done with those in time to get back to the hotel and Larry could get some school work done (yay for the font of the line pass we got!). I gave him an hour and then decided to hit up Disneyland for just a couple more rides. He joined me later, and we rode a few together, just depending on the line. It was a great last day packed with tons of fun!

I just had to get some ears






The start of Hogwarts
Coming 2016!!


Because we needed ice cream wherever we went
 




So overall it was an amazing trip. I felt at the time that I got enough from it, but now I'm kind of wanting to go back haha. Maybe next year. Although look at the awesome souvenir I got this time:

Best ever right?
And all the treats (in addition to the ice cream):




It was the best, I can't wait till we have kids and can go though....maybe ;)

No comments: