Pages

Sep 9, 2015

Why This Wednesday Rocked!

So I've thought not very hard and not very long about this, but I decided I HAVE to go to Disneyland this year! I was listening to my Disney Pandora station and I've heard so many people talk about the 60th Anniversary special going on now (which is diamonds from what I hear haha) and it just clicked that I really, really wanted to go and it's been so long since I've been to Disneyland and I didn't want to wait forever so I sent Larry a text letting him know and this is how the conversation went:

Me (1:50 PM): I REALLY want to go to Disneyland!
Him (1:50 PM): I bet you do lol
Me (1:51 PM): Like for real though...I want to take a three day weekend and go out there
Him (1:52 PM): Why
Me (1:56 PM): Because it's their 60th anniversary right now and it only goes till May and I haven't been since I was a kid and I want to see it before we have to wait 5 years or more! Lol
Him (2:16 PM...this is why I included the time): Dork lol
Me: (2:17 PM): I'm already pricing everything now lol

So it was pretty much decided then. Both of our PTO hours at work made it so we could actually take a 4 day weekend. We're going to fly out on Friday night, spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in the park, and then fly back early Tuesday. I'm so pumped. Larry feels that Universal Studios would've been a better choice so I told him if there's time we can hit that up, but I'm not going to include it in the plans just in case. I bought the plane tickets the day I thought of this, then got the hotel tickets once our work okay'd the time off requests, I got the rental car earlier this week, and then today I bought the Photo Pass Plus (woo hoo for having real pictures of the two of us on a vacation !!). All that's left is food and souvenirs now so we're good to go.

 
 
I've been talking non-stop with both my bosses about rides we HAVE to hit and what treats to get and all the tips and tricks. I want to learn more, but I still can't wait to go :) It will be our last vacation of the year since I had to use up my time off by October (it gets too busy to take any time off after that) so it'll be a good way to celebrate before we both get into our busy seasons at work.

Oh yeah, other reasons today was really great:

  • I became a meme, sort of, in our lunch email today:
I freaking LOVE Great Harvest!!
  • I got to meet with both bosses for my review and 1:1s and I got to give ideas on how to improve some things and they were very well received. My review went better then I expected (I always expect the worst for some reason). Plus I got to talk to them both about cats, Friends, and/or Disney today haha.
  • I played basketball and won some peanut butter M&Ms (if I had to choose a favorite candy, this would definitely be it!!).
It was a great Wednesday today, but I'm still ready for the weekend haha.

No comments: