Pages

Apr 16, 2016

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival

This year my grandma and I went to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival together and I have to admit it was more fun than I thought it would be. We coordinated with my mom so she could walk the gardens they have out her way and we'd send pictures back and forth (it worked out mostly well).

Anyways, now that we're getting a home I've been going crazy thinking of fun, creative ways to make the backyard amazing. Even though it's not something we'd do right away, I like the idea of researching now and then I'll  know what I love when the time comes. Plus the home planning has been a good distraction from the impatience I've had haha. Going to the gardens gave me lots of ideas of flowers I love and design ideas, it was amazing! I can't wait to have a yard to take care of now (except for mowing....that's on Larry!)

Here are some (completely unedited) shots from the gardens:



The colors were so vibrant!

This was one of my favorite shots


It was really windy so excuse the hair



One of my other favorites


My favorite section ever!




Look at the jagged edges of this one
I want one!

And who can resist the waterfall



I love the gardens here, Larry and I even got some engagements done here before we got married...they were some of my favorite pictures of us.

After we walked the gardens Grandma wanted to go do the Dinosaur Museum since she gets us in for free and I had never been. It was really fascinating! I've decided my history classes were wasted on me when I was in school. I find a lot more things interesting than I did back then and so I'm glad we have museums like this to learn about things again. If you haven't been it's good for a visit, especially with kids! There are many kid areas. And for a Saturday it didn't seem too packed to me.

No comments: