Pages

May 14, 2017

My First Mother's Day

You guys! Mother's Day is amazing...I finally get it! I've always had people tell me Happy (Fur) Mother's Day for the kitties, but being a mom to a baby changes the definition and how you want to be celebrated so much.

A few months back I told Larry I don't need a piece of jewelry for EVERY mother's day, just the ones that we add a new little one to the family. I found a necklace I REALLY wanted that would have Cara's birthstone in it so I told him that's what I wanted for Mother's Day and sent him the link and left it at that. Plus I thought it looked like a pregnant belly growing the Emerald so it was kind of perfect. He never gave away if he'd get it for me so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Gorgeous right?

Well the week leading up to Mother's Day I kept talking about what we were going to do and Larry would just make comments like "I'm not sure, I've never planned a mother's day before." So I told him as long as he didn't do nothing I'd be happy. My emotions are still pretty wonky so I wanted to make a comment about how he'd see a bawling wife otherwise, but I left it alone (I couldn't guarantee I wouldn't cry either way haha).

This morning I got up and started laundry and the grocery list like normal, only with Cara in hand. I didn't mind it though. It felt good to get back into our old rhythm with her. Well he was playing on his computer so I left her with him and told him as long as he didn't swaddle her (we're trying to teach her that swaddling is at night so that it helps her sleep) just to keep her content and then I went upstairs to get ready. Well when I came back downstairs I asked him if he was ready and he made a comment about "well get her unwrapped and we can go" and I was about to throw a fit and ask why he swaddled her when I asked him not to when I felt something in her blanket (she wasn't even really swaddled though, she was wrapped up a little more than usual).

That's when I saw a jewelry box with the necklace I wanted in it! I was so excited..I may have teared up a bit haha.



The rest of the day was spent like normal, laundry, grocery shopping, Skype with the family, etc. It was perfect because I felt like I was taking care of my little family for the whole day. I'm sure in future years I'm going to want a nap and a day off for today, but it was so nice to just get back into our routine and have a smooth day (it's all still pretty new so if things get thrown off the whole day can be thrown off). Plus our walk to the mail box (our new Sunday thing until I can get back into working out and all that) wasn't NEARLY as painful or hard to do so it was a great little jaunt.


First Family Photo since being home
I've definitely learned being a mom isn't the easiest thing and it takes a lot of work and patience (boy is there a lot of patience!), but when I look into Cara's eyes or watch her face as she sleeps it makes it all so very worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way! Happy Mother's Day to ALL mom's out there, I hope your family made you feel as loved and special as mine did :)

No comments: