Pages

Dec 2, 2017

Cara is SEVEN Months

I am SEVEN months old!

I like: Food (especially from mom and dad. Her favorites right now are Pizza and mango juice), rolling and turning and scooting around, chewing on anything and everything, swings and wind, mom's shiny jewelry, and mornings (she's a big morning person...like her mom).
 

We did some family pictures and I had to
Take this awesome one of Cara being so
Observant at the Capital
I dislike: Getting her nails clipped (like HATES it), being stuck in her high chair or car seat when she wants to just wiggle around.
I am now: So apparently I (mom) forgot to do a weight check in, but she's in 6 months clothes, starting to grow in to 6-9 months, and level 3 diapers. That's about all I got for 7 months.

Her monkey legs/feet

Peace & Love

A Typical Day looks like: I (mom) got a new work schedule so since I go into work later I wake Cara up at 7:30 (sometimes she's already up and just entertaining herself, sometimes she's still sleeping), I get her diaper changed and into clothes and then feed her her first bottle at 8 (we don't want her to learn to eat RIGHT when she wakes up so she doesn't learn to just wake up when she's hungry or anything). I then leave for work after she eats and burps and leave her with dad to stay upright for a little bit. I work 9 - 5 now so I get home between 5:30 and 5:45, during that time Larry feeds her at 11:30 and 3 like normal, she naps every 2.5 to 3 hours (depending on how long she napped before), she gets 2-3 naps a day that last 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. After I get home we say hi and visit for a minute. At 6 we eat dinner while feeding Cara a jar of baby food, after dinner we do our "activity" for the night, she gets her last bottle at 7 and then we play until 7:40 when we get her ready for bed. She is down by 8 and then we do our own thing at that point until we go to bed.
 
Got a new toy from Daddy and
She loved it!

Teaching Cara oral health

Took her to the park for the first time.
She liked the swings as you can see

Ready for sippy cups?
This Month I: became obsessed with not only scooting and sitting up, but pulling myself up on my parent's hands. I love scooting around and now that I'm teething more I've decided feedings should take much longer than they used to. I also now can say gaga, baba, mama, and dada along with "hey" and "yeah", but I don't know what those words mean just yet. It's still fun to practice saying sounds!

She keeps pulling herself up on things

Introducing Cara to Christmas

I put her on the container and she was SO happy
She loves to smack them like a drum
Parent's Notes: We pulled out the old activity mat with the piano and turned the piano up so that Cara could play it while sitting up and watching her start to pull herself up on that and then on the walker was so adorable. She did that ALL on her own, we didn't show her or anything, she just got curious and started doing it. She is OBSESSED with pulling up on our hands and will start to laugh once she's standing (she even started snorting while laughing which is the cutest thing ever). Her little legs are so strong and she's loving using them for many things (including kicking us away while changing her or anything that involves her maybe sitting still for a bit! Haha).

Finding natural teethers
 
Update on last month's goals:
  • Cara is a sitting pro. She doesn't know how to put herself up or how to go from sitting to laying without just face planting, but she loves sitting. And while she doesn't crawl, she scoots like a champ haha. It's really fun to watch her scoot across the room towards a toy or something she REALLY wants.
  • Well the only real Thanksgiving movies I could think of were Pocahontas and Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving so we watched those. We fed her a Turkey baby food on Thanksgiving and she liked that. Other than that, it was just a general month. We have started Hallmark Christmas movies though so that's a fun one.
  • We're doing signs and I know she knows eat now, but she can't do it yet. We did add Grandma and Grandpa and Bath to the routine too.
  • She LOVES being in her own room. She sleeps so great throughout the night and has even taken a few naps in there. It's AWESOME!
  • We're trying new foods all the time and we even started adding Peanut Butter or some strawberry jelly at the end to help avoid those allergies.
  • Cara is doing much better with others. We visited my aunt's house (with grandparents and cousins) and Larry's mom's house and while she did get uncomfortable and started to cry, she did get used to the people quickly. We also had Thanksgiving at our house so we had Andy, Rachel, Jena, Skyler, Cailyn, and Grayson over and she didn't seem to like ALL the noise and people around, she did get used to it and even ended up loving the kids being around her. She even reached out to Jena to be held. They also got to see a couple smiles from her which was awesome. She's such a cutie!

Goals for next month:
  • Get Cara working on sitting herself up and crawling.
  • Work on getting her to wave and clap
  • Watch Christmas movies and shows.
  • Go on our first vacation with her...I'm a bit nervous about the time change and the plane right. But we'll try it.
  • Work more on signs and the "mama" and "dada" sounds. I'd like to add please and thank you to the routine now.
  • Still work on new foods and people being around her. 

No comments: