Pages

Dec 18, 2017

Hawaii Trip - Birthdays and Going Home

Well you guys...today is it! Today I'm the big 3-0. I know most people hate the idea of turning 30, but honestly I'm so happy with where I'm at in life that I don't think it's possible to be depressed. I mean I spent all day on a plane with a 7 month old, that's all I did with my birthday, but this last week has been so memorable and great I couldn't ask for a better gift! Plus Larry gave me my new camera before we left as my early birthday gift so that was awesome too!


I'm happy to report Cara did pretty well on the planes coming home today! I stuck with our original plan with the pillows and the water and the feedings and all that. I actually did forget to buy water in the airport so we had to get really hot water and really cold water from the stewardesses this time around and just mix them, but it worked well enough.

Unfortunately, we didn't get the TSA Precheck for this flight and Larry had to be pat down by the TSA so that was a bummer on this. But we did get to pre-board on both flights so that was a win! We didn't get the rows to ourselves, but we did get free movies (and I even got earphones this time). Cara threw a tiny fit on the first plane (I think she could tell I was stressed about not having the row to ourselves this time), but she slept so well that when the lady next to me on the longer flight needed to get up to pee (literally 5 minutes after I finally got Cara to nap), she actually slept through me moving her all around. I also got to see two movies again (Home Again and The House). Both were okay, not as good as the other two I watched going out to Hawaii, but cute. I also got a brownie and a pizza during our layover, but poor Cara had a big poopy diaper that looks like it's giving her some diaper rash. So I think overall I'd call it a win, but it was a bit more up and down this time around.

People still commented that she travels well so that made me happy that her mini tantrum didn't upset too many people (funny that our straight flight that most people were warning me would be awful, ended up being our best flight). We kept our system of Cara napping on me and Larry feeding her, I changed her, but we didn't wash out the bottle this time since she only had two eat twice while on the planes and we had enough bottles to cover that.



Cara, surprise surprise, even slept during takeoff from LA to UT...how crazy is that! Obviously planes don't bother her and I'm so happy she's a great traveler. I joke that when we got pregnant I told Larry that our kids need to love roller coasters, animals, and traveling. So far Cara does well with traveling, she seems to like animals (she's exposed to them all the time), and we do a "roller coaster" move where we let her drop for a tiny second before we catch her and she laughs a lot at that so I think she'll like coasters...yay!



I'm so glad we're home. We just barely got Cara to bed so I know I should head to ours soon enough. As much as I want to sleep in tomorrow it's the only day both of us have off so I know we need to get Cara back to her regular schedule..which means we have to be up at 7:30...wish us luck!

Oh and Happy Birthday to me...it feels great to reach the "dirty thirty"...I can't wait to see what these next 10 years bring me!

No comments: