Pages

May 1, 2018

Cara is TWELVE Months!

I am TWELVE months old!

Almost 2 1/2 feet tall at 1 year old!
I like: Walking, almost running, bath time, stuffed animals, picking out clothes, being tickled, getting kisses, Moana (the movie, it's the only one she will sit and watch almost the whole way through), music (which she thinks comes from the TV every time it's one so she'll dance).
I dislike: Being told no, being taken away from where I'm exploring before I'm done, and things being taken away from me.




I am now: 18 lbs 7 oz and 28 inches tall. Still in size 4 diapers and barely fitting into 12 month clothes. Her head is getting a little big for the neck holes so we'll see how much longer they fit. She's our slender little girl with the big head still :)

A Typical Day looks like: Cara wakes up between 7:30 and 8 (depending on the day). I get her dressed and in a new diaper right away and then we do breakfast around 8 which consists of baby food, an animal cracker, and a bottle. I leave for work at 8:15 so I try and brush her teeth before I go so she's all set by the time I leave. She takes a nap from 10-11 and then has a lunch pouch around 11:30/11:45, an animal cracker, and another bottle. She takes another nap from 2-3 and then has another bottle at 3:30. I get home at 5:30 and we do dinner at 6, which is baby food, some of our food, and an animal cracker. At 7:15 she has her last bottle for the day. We start bedtime routine around 7:45 so she's down by 8.  It's been a good schedule, and I'm glad it's worked for us.



This Month I: became obsessed with playing "I'm Gonna Get Ya" with my parents. I love being chased around to the point that I'll tease mom when she gets home from work and will walk to her, then turn around and run away before she can get me. I've got about 6 teeth now that I love to show off when daddy tickles me at night. I love (and almost prefer) regular adult food to my baby food these days and have had a lot of fun exploring new areas. I celebrated my first birthday with tons of family around and didn't even cry when they came to talk to me!

Parent's Notes: Our baby is a whole year old now! I'm about 2-10% emotional about that, but the rest of me is so happy to see her growing and thriving. Watching her walk so confidently (and get tons of compliments on it when we got out with her) is one of my favorite things ever.
Update on last month's goals:
  • The first birthday went off so well! Almost no hitches (none I can think of)
  • Signing has taken a backseat to learning...she just doesn't seem to care about learning it.
  • We decided to wait until next summer to do swimming lessons. Our neighborhood pool should be opening soon (fingers crossed) so we figured we could practice on our own this summer and go to a real lesson place next summer.
  • Utensils are still being worked on, but it's going to take some time. She's doing better, but not where we can leave her on her own.
  • Language is still on the list. She knows her couple of words, but doesn't say much more. She said "baby" a few times, but then stopped...again. But At least it still gives me something to keep working on.
  • I've created a great meal plan for Cara that will be exciting to start up now that she's a whole 1 year old.

I'm not doing any "next months goals" because we'll just be working on her learning new skills, words, and getting more socialized :)




Professional Pics courtesy of Camera Shy
Our new favorite place :)

No comments: