Pages

May 13, 2018

What To Do With A Rainy Weekend

When you have a toddler who is a busy body (or who you at least feel guilty keeping cooped up inside a house during the weekend when she is stuck inside all week long) you have a conundrum on your hands when you have a rainy weekend like we have this weekend.

I feel like Cara is in this limbo period where she can only do so much (skill-wise) and she doesn't need to be 100% supervised, but she also can't do things all on her own. I'm all about her gaining her independence, but I also want to learn with her. So I had this idea where we would go to the Dollar Store and find things that could keep her occupied (things like large piece puzzles, bubbles, poker pieces to learn to put in slots on a box).

Turns out this was a very successful idea, I was able to find quite a bit of rainy day activities as well as things that would work well once it warms up and we can spend more time outdoors. I was able to get all of the things in the bag below for $12!



We also did go to Costco to get a water activity table for Cara (which they didn't have in store so we ordered it online, but they did have a bucket of beach toys we got her). At home we played with the toys we got and it ended up being a really fun weekend:






As much fun as it was, I really hope it warms up enough on the weekends that we can take her outside more. I know it's good for her to get out.

No comments: