Pages

May 12, 2019

Mother's Day 2019 (as a mom of two now)

Mother's Day is still a special day I like celebrating. I've found that my love language has really become words of affirmation. I absolutely love when people acknowledge me and any hard work I've done (whether that's as a mom, an employee, a wife, a daughter, anything) so that was one thing I kind of requested for Mother's Day (that and my new birthstone jewelry that represents adding Gwen to our family). Oh and by kind of I mean I mentioned to Larry that I told other dad's they should do that for their wives and he responded in an "uh-huh...I'm sure you are saying something else with that" sort of way haha.



Someone likes feeling the dirt between her
Fingers and toes

Larry did very well for Mother's Day. I mean, the girls let me sleep in so they did well too, but Larry did VERY well! He got me a very beautiful birthstone necklace (topaz for Gwen's November birthday), some really pretty Puma shoes (he's always getting me clothes so he mentioned it was time for him to get me some shoes haha), some chocolate covered strawberries (of course this was before I told him I was swearing off sugary treats for 5 weeks haha), and this "basket" of dehydrated fruits, which I really like and it had all new fruits to try (I'm all about trying new things lately). I wasn't expecting so much and he kind of forgot the "only jewelry on new additions Mother's Day" deal (I don't need anything else if I'm getting expensive jewelry) so it was kind of way more than I needed, but he's so thoughtful when he gives gifts.


And this one just likes to help out wherever she can
The highlight of my weekend was easily pulling weeds in our yard. I know that sounds silly, but Larry was working on our new edging for our backyard (which we need put in before we can get our grass put down), Cara was playing around in water, Gwen was sleeping, and I was just walking around. I made a joke about how if there weren't so many weeds I'd pull them out, but Larry made a joke about why wouldn't I want to help make our yard look good so I figured what else am I doing and grabbed a bag and started pulling. I forgot how therapeutic it is to pull weeds up by the root! My mom loved doing it and would always talk about how great it felt and I'd do it every once in a while, but it's been a long, long time. It was so cute when Cara saw me doing it and came over to help me. I get excited for doing gardening with her. I think when we get all the weeds pulled (or so much that I'm just maintaining it at that point) I'm going to move on to planting flowers in planters to add some color.


In addition to all this, Larry made sure to point out things he loves about me or appreciates that I do throughout the day, which was the cherry on top of my whole weekend. I was hoping to get flowers at the store when we went grocery shopping this morning, but there were so many last minute shoppers that nabbed all the good ones so I'm going to get some this Sunday to put on our table...because they are pretty and I love how they smell!

Anyways, happy Mother's Day to all the mom's, soon to be mom's, trying to be mom's, and the mom's that are mom's in their hearts. You deserve a ton of appreciation today for all you deal with on a daily occurrence!

I'd like to think I worded it best on Instagram: "Motherhood is the craziest, most contradictory thing ever. You want to sleep in, you want more freedom, you want to stay out as late as you can, and you want quiet moments...but on the flip side you don't want to miss any moments, or boo boobs to kiss better, or times they learn something new (whether skill or word). You want to complain about all the tantrums and attitudes, the teething keeping you up, the messes they make, and the neediness, but you wouldn't trade these amazing little humans in for anything in the world." I love my family and how we have formed over the years!

No comments: