Pages

Apr 1, 2020

Keeping Sane in Quarantine

 We aren't even a month into quarantined life and let me tell ya...filling in free time has been more difficult than I realized it would be.

I started relying on watching reality tv to keep me pre-occupied while I'm working from home. I actually started watching that Love is Blind show on Netflix. It's so ridiculous, but sure helps me disconnect from our reality and just get lost into these awful problems those people have haha. I saw Married at First Sight season 9 is on Netflix as well so I think I'll end up watching that next.

Taking walks to pass the time

Baking treats...no better excuse

Finding ways to keep kids busy has been more difficult. I've found myself constantly thinking "we'll go here this weekend" and then realize Oh "here" isn't open right now. I didn't realize how much we relied on other businesses to keep busy. Costco trips have become our big weekend excitement (even though the long lines aren't the most fun, it's really the only store we can go to). We have had some days of making forts and the girls have been loving those. I began looking up some fun activities we could do at home. I've been looking for ideas like this for a looong time (basically ever since Cara was about 1 and stuck at home with Larry working), so I'm kind of glad this whole quarantine thing has made people put ideas out there.

Keeping kids entertained while in line to
Get into Costco

How weird our world is these days!



Extra treats while watching movies at night

We've been going for more walks and baking more these days. We found out snicker doodles are actually really easy and quick to make. The good news is since this happened when the weather was starting to warm up we can at least be outside a lot more of the time and so it's been really nice. Could've been worse timing. I've loved playing in the back yard with the girls and letting them draw with sidewalk chalk on the driveway.


Building forts out of anything!

The only draw back is being SO pregnant makes it hard to do too much activity. I'm hoping after this little girlie is born we'll definitely be able to be outside a lot more and I'll be able to be more active with the girls. 


Going anywhere and everywhere
For activity ideas!

So anyways, this has been an interesting few weeks. I thought we'd be going back to normal by now so now I'm just curious to see how much longer this lasts.. Wish us luck we don't go insane.

No comments: