Pages

Jun 14, 2020

9 Months (weeks 36 - 40+)









Compare/Contrast: Oh man is this pregnancy so much more painful than I remember the last ones. I get the back pain and my belly gets tight like the others. With Gwen I got PGP pretty early on (around 20 weeks I believe) and that was HARD. I didn't get it as early on this time, but I think I do have it this time. But on top of all that I think I have something called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). The pain in my legs, especially when rolling over at night is SO painful. 


I obviously have made it MUCH farther along in this pregnancy as well - my due date was the 5th and she didn't come then. I've yet to make it to a due date before, so that was exciting, but then got old REAL quick haha. 

Also, it's still nice to know at each appointment that she's head down.

Running errands to walk her out
Also, everyone is so cute! 
Can't wait to add another here!

It's been interesting the differences between this pregnancy and my previous two, one big thing is the covid-19 precautions. I had to go get a test to make sure I don't have the virus two days before delivering - wasn't my favorite part, but it was interesting to say I've done one. Knowing I have to stay inside my house afterwards or get swabbed again (no thanks!) was also new, but good thing we had a lot to get done so it worked out. I was telling Larry that I wanted to go run errands after dinner time right now (at the end) because that's the time I make sure we're on lockdown with a newborn so that they don't fall asleep in the car and mess with their bedtime, so we went out on Tuesday (before my covid test and induction) to get a tie-dye kit and some shirts for our 4th of July shirts. Glad I got that done BEFORE the test - I almost waited until after it.

I've gotten to take some NST's (Non Stress Tests) for this pregnancy since I've gone over my due date. Those aren't bad at all, in fact, the chair is quite comfy. I'm almost bummed they are only about 20 minutes. I could easily take a nap during them haha. 

I so wish I could report that I went into spontaneous labor this time around, I REALLY (so very badly) wanted that story for this pregnancy, but I can only go on for so long and by the 10th I was BEYOND uncomfortable (not just with walking, but it was hard to breath when laying down, the PGP was getting to me, and she was getting SO heavy I knew my abs would be super shot and I might have a harder time recovering them this time around).

I have to get each kid their own 6 month shirt
This one was from Cabela's

Best Moments This Month: I think just saying I made it to my due date and getting everything ready for her to come was the best. Once I passed my due date I decided I'm very much ready to see her face and how she'll be.

Soaking up as much outside time as we can

Oh and it was nice to hear at my 39 week appointment that since my cervix was dilating already I could request an induction if I wanted. But I really wanted to go into spontaneous labor so I told her I'd be patient for now. 

Also, we had a last family date night out at Cheesecake Factory and even though I got something different than I ordered, the meal I got turned out to be super delicious and it was nice to eat AT a restaurant again. The girls did pretty good with behaving and eating and we walked the mall afterwards to give them some exercise. It was GREAT to have that moment before this girl was born. Larry and I also got a last movie date night and we watched a pretty good movie (Top Cop) so that was nice - it's rare our movie turns out to be one we both enjoy.


Our pretty, shiny new family car

What I'm Looking Forward To: Her being born! I'm just getting bigger and more uncomfortable and more tired and less motivated. I keep telling Larry I'm ready to start our 100 days of hell to hurry and get them over with. The good news is the longer she takes to come the later my maternity leave goes. So at this point I'm going into September, rather than the end of August - which will be nice because if we're back in the office when I'm done then it won't be that first week of school traffic I hate dealing with when I first go back.

I'm also looking forward to having a newborn during the warm summer again, not the stupid cold winter haha. 

She's here!!


No comments: