Pages

Jun 5, 2020

Prepping for our newest girlie

Today is my due date. This is the first time I've ever made it to a due date. I was excited to reach such a milestone, however I never knew it meant I'd be SO uncomfortable. It's like overnight my body has decided it should be done being pregnant, but this little girl isn't quite ready to make her appearance. You'd think having a 3rd kid you'd think I'd have the prep game down, but alas this time I've surprised myself with how much I want to make sure gets done.

Getting the basement all cleaned up

We got her room themed decor in February. I decided to do a mermaid theme. Well actually if I'm honest I I originally was thinking of doing a bear theme, but try and make it more feminine. Then I talked to my friend after I couldn't find just the right set and she reminded me I used to love mermaids so why not do that theme? Eureka! It's perfect! I found this adorable set online and immediately bought it. I'm so happy I found a theme I love!

Decor Stace made once we had the theme set

So once we decided on the mermaid theme and I saw these adorable mermaid themed onesies I knew I had to get them. I also found some cute mermaid squad shirts for the older girls as a gift from the new baby type of thing. I am loving this theme so so much! 

Picking the cute 6 month shirt from Cabela's

We also knew having a 3rd kid meant getting a new car. Luckily since we had plans on having at least this many kids we knew we'd have to make changes to our car situation so we knew we'd keep our black crossover and sell/upgrade our red sedan to a minivan. Since we knew we were due early June we figured Memorial Day weekend would be the best time to get a deal on a car. We did research on what kind of minivan we'd want and a Honda Oddysey was the best choice. We went to the local Honda dealership, traded it in, and never looked back. I was SO happy to get rid of the red car (that I had been driving since we sold my white Nissan and the black car was the only one that Larry could use to transport the kids in case of emergency).

I've also been going crazy cleaning, purging, and nesting like crazy. I've pulled apart every baby item we have and washed them. Things I NEVER did for my other babies. I pulled out all blankets, pillows, wraps, and bedding and washed those. I washed all the newborn clothes that are seasonally appropriate for her. I also have been getting our hospital bag ready and planning our last movie nights we have left. Everything I can do to be as ready as possible.

My most recent belly shot...SO ready!

I had a stress test this last week and another one next week, which I don't hate having (the chair is SO comfortable!). Things are shaping up for this baby and I hope I'm as ready as I think I am. Hopefully I can get this labor started any day (or minute) now.

No comments: