Pages

Dec 10, 2022

Bill Burr Comes to Salt Lake!

So Larry and I have always loved watching Bill Burr, the comedian. We both listen to his podcast and have enjoyed his specials on Netflix, we even have seen him at Wise Guys a few times. The first time we had a chance to say hi to him and get a picture. I took one of him and Larry, but it ended up being SO blurry it was completely messed up and I was so disappointed. I vowed to get a new picture the next time he came, but then he wouldn't do the meet and greet and now he's so big he performs at The Maverick Center. So I think our chances of getting a picture is out.

The only picture I could get

Anyways, back in June I saw he would be coming to Salt Lake in December. I knew Pierce would be old enough that he should be sleeping well enough so I text my mom and asked her if she'd be willing to watch the kids while we went if I got Larry tickets for Father's Day and she was all too happy to do that.

Fast forward, to last night when we got our chance to go. I was hoping to maybe go out to dinner before hand, but mom ended up showing up RIGHT as we had to leave for the show so that was out (which was fine, I was still a little nervous leaving all the kids for the first time). We got there in time to get our tickets (I had them on an app and they had to actually print them out), "deposit" our phones to some lock bag thing (which means no pics...lame!), find our seats, and enjoy the show.

The opener was some chick that I didn't love. She was a little vulgar for me, which is typical of most female comedians it seems. That was too bad, but it was okay, we weren't there to see her so no loss.


The shot one of his openers posted

Bill was great! We had some really great seats so we had a good show where we were. There were some jokes that were just eh, but overall he was hilarious. 

I will say the show went so much later than I expected and then getting out of the parking lot was a J.O.K.E! So that was annoying. It did make me realize that I don't think I need nights out like this so often, I'm so okay staying in and enjoying nights on the couch (call me old, that's okay). 

No comments: